Used 2004 Subaru Impreza 2.5 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Lovin' it
By Impreza2004

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Driving mountain roads is challenging when dry - try three weeks of 1 - 3' of snow! Even in newer snow/slush - no apprehension (and this from someone who has rolled a vehicle at 45 mph on a straight, dry stretch - inexplicable accidents do happen). Needless to say, the "ready to roll" feeling has changed from one of apprehension to one of - let's go and drive. Also, driving 5 hours at a stretch presents no bodily discomfort.

Favorite Features

The way it handles. Close to the road and without any hesitation. I will never go back to 4 wheel drive - AWD is incredible.

Suggested Improvements

Same as many others - CD gets very hot when played for any length of time. Cup holders are in inconvenient locations - above the CD player is fine; however, under driver's right elbow (for those driving 5 speed) is a strange feeling to which one needs to become familiar.

Great Car For the $
By lotboy

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is a good car to have if you drive a lot especially.The TS is stable to drive in adverse weather conditions.The cars weight keeps it planted well on roads. Engine power is good for both city and highway driving,with a power band that produces even power thoughout. Everyone looking for a car in this price range should drive it to compare with other cars.This car is worth your time,especially if you test drive it in slippery road conditions. Give it a try!

Favorite Features

The car handles well and steers so smooth. The TS is outstanding in snow.You get a lot for the price in this car. The 2004 has a fair amount of improvements for this model year,without a price increase.Very nice!

Suggested Improvements

Should have a useable armrest in the centre console area as a standard option.Cargo cover should be standard (here in Canada)as well,not sold as an accesory. Have the top of the windshield tinted blue. That's all really,can't complain due to the price.

Wipe that grin off my face!
By Let_It_Snow

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

2 years in the Forester started me off. But my new 2004 TS has completed my journey. Dry city conditions are met with a torque to weight ratio that bridges the gap between a smooth Sunday drive and tight sporty sortie - your choice. The low end torque and smooth, short throw shifter combo will satisfy the technical pilot in us all while the firm suspension and boxer style engine is responsive yet offers a comfortable ride. Now for the Quebec winters... OMG snow, please don't go. Subaru (AWD) winter confidence is addictive, fun, predictable and why I got a Subaru.

Favorite Features

Great bargain in the economy car segment - fit like a glove driving dynamics - I'm 6'4" and have tons of head room - AWD Baby! - troquey power plant - low center of gravity - practical, fun and most of all safe.

Suggested Improvements

No Pilot light - CD player gets very hot - OEM tires are not for winter - OEM speakers are just OK (room for upgrade w/ tweaters a plus) - Battery could use more cranking power.

The first car I've ever bought!
By jon1848

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This year, I decided to stop leasing and purchase a car outright. After months of research, I bought the Subaru Impreza TS Sport Wagon - what a car! The 165 horsepower feels like twice that. The acceleration is much more sport than wagon. The boxer engine helps keep the centre of gravity low and it shows in the smooth, stable cornering. The look of the car has improved significantly with departure of the Neon-esque front- end.

Favorite Features

The performance to price ratio on this car is probably my biggest reason for purchasing it. I might add the intercooler and turbo-charger later on so I can have a WRX with TS insurance rates!

Suggested Improvements

I'm 6'3" and, while the car is confortable for me (in fact, I don't sit with the seat all the way back), the seat could go lower to give me a bit more headroom.

For an entry car, this one rules...
By Bo Gus

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I was deciding between the Mazda Protege5 and the Subaru Impreza 2.5 TS. After a month of going back and forth between two dealerships, I purchased the Impreza. Here's why: 1- AWD, 2-160hp (flat-four boxer purr), 3- higher stance, 4-more substantial feel to the vehicle, 5-1.8% financing for 60 months, and, 6-$800 below MSRP. Both cars are excellent, but I feel that the places where the MP5 excels are superficial. Things that are missing from the TS (but can be added later ;-) are as follows: no fog lights, no rear spoiler, 15 inch steel tires, poor cup holder design, sub-par radio and speakers, no light in rear cargo area.

Favorite Features

See above.

Suggested Improvements

See above.