Used 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Holy
By junkiegolfer

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

A buddy at work bought one. I asked if I could take it for a spin. No prob he says. So off we go. He says go ahead get on it. This car scared the heck out of me. I stepped on it a little and realized that this car had TREMENDOUS performance ability. YIKES! It would have taken me a considerable amount of time to learn the car before I could GET ON IT!. THIS IS a hyperFAST car!!!!!

Favorite Features

RAW POWER...Knocks you into the back seats kinda power.

Suggested Improvements

Add "performance driving training option" to the package. You'll need it. WRX STi.... How can they top this?

Acceleration Heavan
By STiLover

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love my new pocket rocket. It is a blast to drive. I'm also relearning other pleasures associated with smaller cars, like increased parking opportunities, nimbleness in traffic, weight-to-power ratio and smaller surface area to wash :>) This car has neck snapping acceleration. When pushing this car to its limits one better be paying attention. Great for around the city, not sure I'll be taking this car on long road trips; not a lot of leg room for back seat riders and the trunk is a little small for luggage for four (ok for groceries though).

Favorite Features

Acceleration at any speed, traction around corners, traction on wet surfaces (4 wheel drive), breaking capabilities

Suggested Improvements

Ride may be a little too hard for some. Six speed can get confusing. Day time running lights would be a bonus.

Car of the Year 2004
By musee13

This car is a dream. So much power and style. Will turn heads and rpms on a dime.

Favorite Features

Turbo power

Suggested Improvements

It's the first year of manufacturing so there are little quirks to work out. NOthing major.

Amazing
By Adam Filipowicz

What an Amazing car worth twice the price

Favorite Features

the engine!

Suggested Improvements

wish the center diff could transfer all power to front or rear and not just a slight power shift

Street Beast
By Bill Westlake

Hands down the best car I have ever driven. Its fast and handles with the best of them.

Favorite Features

I love everything about the car!