2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Best deal of 2004
By fuzzydude on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Imagine a 4 door sedan with a huge wing and a massive hoodscoop. Plenty of room for all your friends, yet 300 horses and 300 lb/ft of torque to whip around. It's docile at lower rpms but put your foot down and the car pushes you back in your seat. All wheel drive and race tuned suspension means the car handles like/better than a Porsche. Braking comes from huge 4 piston brembos in the front which means it'll stop as well as a $150K Ferrari Modena 360. All for the same price as a slower, not as good at braking or handling but better looking Nissan 350z. It's all about power though, and I never even hit 4000 rpm yet as I'm still breaking her in.

The best car I've ever owned
By jefferdmann on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I waited 10 months for this car to come in. It was well worth the wait. The car has 300 horsepower, 300 ftlbs of torque, All wheel drive, 6 speed, 3 limited slip differentials. It does over 100mph in the 1/4 mile and handles like a slot car. I find myself doing weird errands just so I can go out and drive. It's is like your best hot wheel car you ever had as a kid, except that you can drive it.

WRX STI
By josh baldwin on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Best car ever made.

best yet
By ShockWave on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I find it much more comfortable than my previous car (Ford Mustang). It's faster, safer, and gets better gas mileage. The boy racer wing is a bit much. I love the interior and seats. All the controls are within easy reach. The transmission is solid. The gears are very, very short. The engine is incredibly powerful. This is the greatest car I have ever owned by leaps and bounds.

It saddens me.
By Cagar a'Stoirm on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

After having my WRX for two years I turned it in for the STi. The dealership, of course, did not allow a test drive and they also kicked it up a bit above MSRP. The problem which occured was with the seats. After driving it home my back ached. I figured I would fiddle with the seat more. After two weeks my back was not better the seats just didn't fit me correctly, hence I was forced to sell my STi recently.

Well worth the money, Just buy it!
By Xman810 on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Got my STI on 7/9. All i can say is, this car is fun as hell to drive in. If i could, I would sleep in it. If anyone is thinking about the STI, stop, dont think, just go out and buy it. Its worth the price its selling for. Very minimal turbo lag. I have had nothing but compliments from people who see me in this car, and this is even coming from people who dont like imports.

Subaru WRX
By NUTSACK on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT THIS CAR IS WICKED AWSOME..Its the best car I've EVER drivin' in my whole entire life and i recomend it to anyone

A supercar for the rest of us
By jokerman1 on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I'm 45, with a wife and 2 young kids, and probably don't fit the demographic for this car. Nonetheless, it's my daily driver, and it's outrageous! I've owned 2 porsches, 3 bmws, and many other cars - but I've got to say this one takes the cake for value+performance. At first I was planning to remove the wing, but it's growing on me and I've decided to keep it. I've never met a highway on-ramp I didn't like, and with this car daily driving is a real treat.

Best ever.
By Blue on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I have read about this vehicle for months but my surprise came when I bought it...This car is unbelievable! It's not for everybody because of the stiff ride and raw perfomance. But I love it! And I will enjoy it for years to come. Thank you Subaru!

Subaru Homerun
By Branchman on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Still breaking engine in but already amazed by this car's potential. Hard to depress gas more than half an inch and not go over 4000 rpm. Excellent powerband in all 6 gears. Subtle yet powerful-sounding rumble from exhaust. My WRX sportwagon was an eyeopener, but this car soars to new heights!