Used 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

I love my 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
By Aaron Davis' Subie

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Silver-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I first drove one of these cars back in August 2003. It took me two and a half months to locate the one that I wanted (Platinum Silver) and get the dealer to sell it to me below MSRP. But the wait was completely worth it, and still would have been even if I had had to pay MSRP. It is a great car, fun to drive, and amazing in the rain... so sure footed! Performance is great... my dad has a 2003 Corvette and the STI hangs with it no problem and if it is raining, I leave him sitting there spinning his wheels.

Favorite Features

Styling, wheels, engine, exhaust note!

stupid fast car
By j man

the car is just plain amazing the best car for 30,000.00 ever this car makes other sports cars look stupid

Favorite Features

the handling and power

why i sold my 98 m-3
By jthane

over 10 on the fun meter.

Favorite Features

300 hp,300 ftlbs of torque for $30k!

Suggested Improvements

lose the silly boost gauge.put center differential controls in a more user friendly place and illuminate them.

The best of the best
By y2ks2k

The Sti is the 8th sports/sporty car I have owned. My previous ones were a 2000 S2000, 2001 S2000, 2002 Acura TL type s, etc... I have 5K miles now and use it as my daily driver in Portland.. rain city. This car is perfect in every single possible way. You get well what you pay for. Its just utter bruit power in a livable package. I have not had a single problem, its been as reliable as the 98 civic EX I once owned. Its best described as a car in the class of other $20K- $25K cars in quality with the perf of a $100K car at only an increase of $5K.

Favorite Features

HP and torque. AWD is amazing

Suggested Improvements

The quality is Honda like however I wish it had some of the ergonomics (such as wipers)

$30,000 Porsche
By LABARINTH

I have had my STi for a few weeks now and it is amazing. The interior is beautiful. The chrome accents give a hint of luxury to this almost strictly performance car. It has more torque then the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution and you feel every bit of it. When you push the gas you can feel your back being pressing into the seat. Even with all this power the ride is amazingly smooth. The handling is quick and responsive. The car also doesn't have quite as much of the "teenagers Honda" look to it as the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution does. All in all this is in my opinion the best sports car ever made under $60,000.

Favorite Features

-Adjustable rev limiter -Intercooler spray -adjustable headlights -Horsepower and torque everywhere in the power band -better interior then the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution -Adjustable Center Differential control

Suggested Improvements

The only improvements I can think of is adding more power which it really doesn't need. But you can always have more power.