Used 2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Sleeper Wagon, able and quick
By P-band

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The engine, once in the power band, is raw power, serious, and breathless. The boxer flat-four gives a unique engine sound reminiscent of the traditional Porsche 911. With AWD, handling is phenomenal. Performance outperforms price and other cars in similar price range. In fact, the performance rivals that of cars priced far higher! Overall, for the price of such a playful, demonic little sport wagon, I am extremely happy with the purchase. Highly recommended for those wanting a genuinely high- performing sports car with the skill to do the tasks of small SUVs!

Speed, performance, utility, "sleeper" vehicle, and a mature but fun look.

Improve the quality of certain non- vital components.

Sport and Utility
By gibjer

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my second Subaru, after owning a 2 door impreza L I found I needed a little more room. The rear folding seats allow for enough carry space to allow me to haul most of what I need around, and works perfect for transporting equipment for my job. On the weekends is when this car really shines, has enough power and grunt to keep me happy through the twisties, as well as on an autoX course.

Upper level power band, cargo room, fun to drive.

Please drop the Bridgestone RE92s for stock tires, they are all season tires, but do not preform well in any season.

Lovin' it
By routedashf

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I got the OBS for AWD, performance, and price. The car is a blast to drive, even during break in (sub 4k rpm), has enough power to handle my daily driving, and plenty of cargo space for my recent move. It has great handling in snow and slush. I don't know why people complain about the stereo, maybe they shouldn't compare their old after market stereos to stock? Overall a great car with only a few improvements (see below).

All Wheel Drive, Autodim mirror/compass, plenty of power, 16" alloy wheels, foglights, everything really :)

The cupholders S U C K. The console one should hold a 20oz bottle at least, cmon Subaru. Look at the Mazda6, they got cupholders dead on perfect.

Just what I wanted!
By drk123

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love the AWD. For a small car, it has enough energy to get on to a highway without difficulty.

Handles well, easy to park in the city.Love the adjustable seat.

Interior is small, door pockets too small. Back seat is not for large people.I find the radio is of poor quality. I am NOT an expert or even mildly educated about stereo equipment, I just am disappointed in the sound quality.

Don't hesitate to test-drive-purchase
By Nigel

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I think of this car as an Abrams tank for the Average Joe. It is reasonably priced, bullet proof and has turbine engine-like performance. I feel quite safe in nearly any driving conditions and very much enjoy the reliability Subaru is famous for.

Build Quality. Unlike many domestic manufacturers, this car has NO rattles, loose stuff or cheap pieces that can't wait to fall off or break.

Different wheels. Although I like the wheels, they are the same ones that ship with the TS/RS. A little variation to denote the WRX would be nice.