2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
The whole package
By Nosmoke on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Once you are moving 20 miles an hour, this car is an absolute blast. You can FLY. I look forward to my commute every day. Negatively, the other reviews are correct in their assertion that unless you abuse the clutch, the little Honda Civic at the light next to you can keep up with you for far too long. However, this does allow for great everyday driving and getting good miles like the Civic.

wagons, ho!
By bkaiser1 on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I traded my 2001 Outback for this because I wanted something more fun to drive (more speed, better handling) and the WRX delivers this in spades! Unfortunately, the driver's seat is so uncomfortable after an hour or so that it makes me dread taking it on long drives. After constant fiddling with the adjustments, I have yet to get comfortable in this car. On the test drive, the seats felt firm-yet- sporty...now they just feel horrible. Also, the turbo lag can be agonizing when it's hot outside. It takes a while for the turbo to kick in, but once it does, the car takes off.

WARNING: I GOT A LEMON
By JoshJoshJosh on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Just a warning. I now have 17000 miles on the car and it has been seven trips to the dealership. The brakes disintegrated, the alternator and battery were defective, the car was recalled for a parking brake problem, another brake problem (brake light).

It hauls!
By adamcera on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Still in the honeymoon stage. I am trying to learn a car w/ turbo. The lag in the low revs is unbearable at times. The understeer needs to be adjusted. Good build quality and sporty-feeling, but not as "nice" as the '03 Jetta we own. Great power, Great utility. It hauls! Love the smooth turbo.

Totally love my blue bean!
By BlueBean on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Last year, I test drove 2003 Acura (the sporty one - apparently it was forgettable!), Subaru Impreza WRX, Hyundai Tibouron, etc. Favorite of the bunch then was Tibouron, with its comfortable passenger seat. This year was my turn to purchase a new car... test drove the 2.5 TS Impreza Sport Wagon (manual) and absolutely loved it - my first new car! My only test drive this year - It was the right choice. All around, quick and smooth - shifting took me a while to get used to after having a 91 Isuzu Trooper. I don't feel like I'm driving a wagon - more like a little rocket. Redesigned headlights are great and significantly improve the look of the car.

Fun to drive - Subaru
By Neill Trimble on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to Drive with 5 speed. Brakes very good on 2004 Outback Sport. Needs anothe cup holder for coffee or Bottle Water. Nicely appointed features as Standard Equipment and list of options. Matenience should have available an upgraded to Platium Plugs for longer driving between servicing - Tune ups.

Goodbye Passat
By Seattle on 07/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my 1999 Passat V6. Was rather tired of the Bosch electrical drama all the time. I am only down 25hp from the 190 V6 in the Passat and it tracks far better (AWD) and handles about the same! Exterior wind noise is minimal and interior sound deadening is wonderful....like the Passat. The safety I feel is there as well. Just to know the engine will submarine under me in an accident and there are imbeded roll bars in the door coupled with good crash test has me hooked. The boxer engine reminds me of my BMW motorbike........smooth and durable ( I hope).

Don't bother with the automatic
By Bruceee on 07/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The Turbo doesn't kick in until 2800 rpms. If you get an autotrans your shift will always occur just as the turbo is kicking in. I have spent more then half of my life driving, and it has been exclusively in auto trans cars. Despite this I have bought the mantrans wrx. I have stalled blocking traffic in all directions during rush hour. I've had bus drivers pull along side me open their doors and just stare at me. I come out of this air con'd car looking like I've been in a sauna. Once I master the mannytranny, I think I will love this car.

Tons of Fun and Practicality for 23 G
By LenEun on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is one demonic wagon. Addictive turbo boost and handling that comes alive at speed. You can blast into a 25mph corner at 60mph in rain and it won't lose that AWD grip. Just so much fun to drive, yet there's more cargo room than a CamCord, that is if you don't care for the backseat. Yes, the overall refinment is not up to the 25G mark and it's not the fastest car under 25G anymore either, but when you have this much fun and practicality, you have to give up something. So if you want refinement and some fun, get an RSX or a Mazda6. If you just wanna go fast, get an SRT4. But for me, this is the perfect combo of everything I need, plus some more.

Subaru is the best!
By INUYASHA on 06/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love driving my new Subaru!!! I love the fact that I get to see the whole road while driving. I was going to get a Honda CRV, but it costs way too much more than what I am getting from Subaru. Besides, Subaru has a Excellent ratings on Crash Tests than most of the SUVS or cars around. I wouldn't want to trade it in for anything else!!! I will always going to buy Subaru!