Used 2004 Subaru Impreza 2.5 Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Cute car, stupid, cheap cutbacks
By sbirnbaum100

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We've owned a 1996 Subaru Impreza Outback (manual) - awesome. A used 1996 Subaru Legacy - good (manual) started collapsing at 151K), now the 2004 Subaru Impreza TS Wagon automatic. I'm not impressed. It eats gas (23 mpg average). It's expensive to maintain. We couldn't buy it with side body guards. It doesn't have a key for the trunk. If the electric goes, we have no trunk. There's been a ticking (in different gears) with the car since we bought it. The Subie dealer said it's a known issue with the pistons and is not considered a problem. Is that really true? If it's not a problem, why did they "fix it" in the 2007 model.

Pickup is great when needed - it should be! It's cute.

Compare maintenance costs to the comps like Hondas or Toyotas and get the least expensive. Put the keylock on the trunk. The hubcaps are still absolute junk. Spruce up the interior Fix the seats - make them comfortable. Don't know how long this car will last and have concerns about it.

2.5 TS Automatic
By RJ

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've enjoyed this vehicle for over a year now. It is a great car; it makes driving in the city (Chicago) almost enjoyable.

AWD works great in the snow; easy to park and drive; engine sounds great.

Fuel economy; 2.5 L engine doesn't perform so well when coupled with the automatic transmission, I would like to see a little more power.

2004 Subaru Impreza
By garylynd

Perfect after one year!

AWD

great in the snow
By benoit léveillé

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I'm from Québec province,close from Montréal and here the weather isn't particuliary great, especially during winter and that's why I purchased this car and so far I'm convinced of my choice! This is the best affordable AWD, and a true one like the Audi's, in his class, a lot better then the Matrix/Vibe. Only if this car have Mazda3 look...

AWD.Equipments,Road endling.Very good finition quality.

the look! both in and outside. Sound system. Gas consumption in the city.

Great car, but room for improvement
By subnewbie

2004 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My experience with my '03 2.5 TS has been great. I have upgraded my OEM 15's to 2002 stock wrx 16's. The impact, although minor, has been great. lighter/tighter feel. will be upgrading to a cobb exhaust soon.. My issues are, the crappy stock cd player they give you. i've already had to replace my first one under warranty. the second one is better but it still has issues with playing burned cd's. and the sound at interstate speeds is a little loud. kind of light body frame as well, not safe feeling.

handling, acceleration, performance, look.

Add some more interior cabin deadening material to make it more quiet. better stock cd player and speakers. improved gas mileage..