2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
After almost 2 yrs
By Suby04 on 06/24/05 12:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

After almost 2 years and 40,000 miles, I still love it. No major issues; the fog lights burned out at 20k, and the brake light on the spoiler got water in it and burned out at 30k. Fuel economy great - it's increased to 33hwy, 29 city all on regular! Other than that, routine maintenance, and still looks and feels like the day i drove it off the lot - minus the stone chips from old man winter! :(

My first Subaru
By Silversoobiegirl on 05/11/05 05:44 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Impy just over a year ago, and it has been the best car I've ever owned. The steering can only be described as "silky." I have a few wishes for Subaru: Add some maplights in the front, and a compass/outside thermometer. I agree with one of the other people, I'd like to have heated seats and a moonroof. I got the foglights, which are great, but would have paid extra for the moonroof and heated seats (Soobie's first winter was very snowy and cold, and the AWD was awesome!). I'm so glad I didn't buy a Corolla, they're great cars too, but my Subaru is the best!

4 Door Sports Car
By 50+Driver on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I expect to put about 250,000 miles on this car at a rate of 50,000 miles per year driving the car for business. If you don't mind a taut suspension, the car accelerates briskly and handles brilliantly regardless of weather or road conditions. I used to drive a 99 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT and this car is much livelier although the suspension is less forgiving on rough pavement. If reliability, AWD and the "fun-to-drive" factor are high priorities for you, then give this car serious consideration. Its back seat is cramped for adults but can be used for smaller children. If you want a more sedate ride, then check out a Legacy.

excelent
By Santi on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

A great car in which Ive experienced true power with awd stability

This car quietly rocks!
By RNMorton on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Love it! Traded in a 2004 Nissan Spec- V with great relief, took a massive financial hit, and got twice the car (at a lower price). Quality, performance, and a great great value. Engine cranks up nicely, good compromise on ride/handling, decent mileage and big gas tank, quality interior, all good stuff. This would be a good bargain in the sports sedan class without the 4WD, with the 4WD it kills the competition. And the rep is pretty good for durability and safety. Assuming no service problems, and the same line of cars, I'm a Subaru guy for life.

Love my new car
By GaMi on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

In one week I have become a Subaru convert. I love this car. It is a quick, smooth, solid ride. The AWD makes you feel pinned to the road and the handling on simple on and off ramps and turns is a joy. I had wanted the WRX and at first thought I settled for less but after the first 500 miles I'm satisfied with the performance. The 165 horse and 166 torque is fully adequate for my needs. Test drove the auto transmission, do not waste your time with it, get the 5 spd manual.

2004 Impreza 2.5 RS
By Suby04 on 12/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Awesome looks and style. Subaru growl Sporty, fast, reliable. A little annoyed with the slight vibration on the highway which is said to be "normal" for "v" rated tires and the sport suspension. The AWD system has since dissapointed me a little after our 1st snowstorm this weekend. The rear wheels spin even under low acceleration, and so the rear fishtails - worse on cornering. Traction was there but not as i have known in the past. The ABS system is awesome in the snow though Other than that i just love it!

Only one on the road
By el_picardo on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Could only afford the RS, but I love it. In bad roads and even worse weather it's the best. It is a bit hard to drive slowly though, it just wants to run.I'm a newbie to manual transmission, but this is an easy car to drive. I've only had it for 2.5 months, but any car I don't have to take in for warranty during the first week, is good in my book.

Great is you live in mountainous areas
By jayp on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car as a result of living in mountain area, and bad winters. I like the fact of all wheel drive of course, but its reliablility,pepppy, safety, fun to drive factor and decent fuel mileage was the winning factor for me. Theres really nothing to compare it to.

SubiNewbi
By SubiNewbi on 06/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I'm in love with my 2.5 RS. Yes it's a WRX lite, but I saved a lot of green on the overall cost and insurance. Plus the RS is a great performer. Gotta have the 5 speed though. I've had zero problems after 1,500 miles. The car is tight. Great feel. Awesome brakes. Comfortable, sporty seats. Shifting is a little stiff. Subaru should study manual trannys at Nissan. Dealers are eager to sell this car. You can get a great price, and probably just about any of the options at cost.