2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Little charmer
By DJCLOS on 06/11/10 14:02 PM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Fun little car. I wanted something practical but not boring like hondas & toyotas. Car handles great, suspension is firm and gives nice feedback but on ruff roads it doesn't beat you up. Acceleration feels faster than it is. I have taken this car every where and it has never let me down. Car plows through snow. Car is a jack of all trades.

best thing I ever own
By the physicist on 04/25/10 09:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

6 yrs old, 147000 miles, 27 mpg with premium gas, brakes replaced at 90000 and 100000 miles! What have been replaced: a small rubber hose, 1 supporting leg of the transmission, oxygen apparatus for total $1500 last yr..Otherwise, the car handles like new.. I could drive any car under $150000, and I did selected the best one..

A complete review through 120,000 miles
By 2004ILWRX on 04/05/10 09:43 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

A fun and safe vehicle that has been for the most part very reliable. A blessing to drive one of these in IL winter. Problems that I've had: Tend to go through car battery every 2 years. Engine serpentine belt pulley/tensioner replaced at 80K Engine short block replaced at 115k ($elf induced) Paint is very thin and prone to chips. On average I get 22.4 mpg with includes a good mixture of highway and local driving.

My Spaceship
By bond007 on 10/22/09 14:04 PM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

135000 miles in 5 yr, ave 27 mpg for mostly freeway driving with utmost reliability, my spaceship still flies the same like the very first day. Problem so far are replacement of the small rubber hose/ one axle supporting the transmission/ 2 O2 sensors...Oh! Forgot to mention the performance is devastating. Could have bought a maserati or p911 or m3, but unable to find a good reason to.

I miss my WRX
By itsjustmeLL on 06/06/08 23:19 PM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I really miss how fun the wrx was to drive and how it handled so well! This is the best bang for your buck if you enjoy having fun when you drive for an affordable cost. I've driven the G35 and 350Z and I like how this one handles and the control I had over it better. It was super easy to drive, parallel park, zoom in and out of traffic, change lanes, etc. I just thought it was time to get something more mature looking since I wear heels and skirts m-f. Another downer was the '91 gas because the turbo and the 20 mpg for such a little car.

Fun sports car yet fuel efficient
By dgman on 05/29/07 13:59 PM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had my WRX for over 3 years now. I almost bought an 04 Mazda 6 instead but after driving each of them, I couldn't get the performance of the Subie out of my head. It is just too much fun to drive. The turbo is a different kind of fast, but the car is undeniably fast. If you are a "muscle car" person who thrives on low end torque, you won't like this car. The WRX is grippy and slow off the line and the power explodes at 3K RPM all the way to redline. Second gear is amazing. If you behave and drive nicely, you can get close to 30 MPG. The trunk is usable. I even have a child seat in the backseat. The car is a 5 star safety rated vehicle. Lots of great features.

Great car
By Josh on 02/07/07 19:11 PM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This was my "realistic" dream car thanks to the FIA WRC. I've had it for 2 years now and still love every second I'm behind the wheel on it. The only problems I've had with it are that the paint is kinda weak and a bulb in my headlight and two in my taillights have gone out. Engine wise, it hits 6,000rpms or more at least once a day and has done so happily. There is a very minor occasional squeak on really rough potholed roads but 99% of the time it is squeakless. Build quality is excellent. The AWD is fantastic. I would recommend this car to anyone that loves to drive.

fun fun fun
By bill on 06/20/06 03:04 AM (PDT)

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Well I just bought my Subaru not too long ago and I love it. I've done some mild mods and the throttle response is a lot better than what some of the other reviews have suggested. It's a fun to drive car and it looks good too. If you know anything about cars and are mechanically inclined (even the slightest bit) you can fix the minor squeaks that I've read in some of the other reviews. I personally haven't experienced any of those problems.

Best bang for the buck
By Woody on 03/17/06 07:35 AM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I did a lot of research before purchasing this vehicle, and my favorite quote was ... no car which costs less than $10,000 more is even worth comparing. It's entirely true. A very compact four door sedan with a comfortable well appointed interior and fantastic performance; great engine sound and power, handling, a total package.

Solid Car for your money
By bw8qbss on 03/13/06 23:08 PM (PST)

2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

One of my friends got one a WRX in 03 and I've loved them ever since. I got an 04' in late 05' and absolutely love it. It was very reasonably priced and performed above what i expected. Slight turbo lag but that comes with about any turbo car, but once it kicks in its gone. Handles incredibly well and looks better than any of its direct competitors such as the SRT-4 or GTI. Very very good car all around, and the AWD is unreal. Went straight up a snow covered hill without so much as a slip.