Used 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Excellent car
By treich007

2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi AWD 4dr Sedan w/Gold-Painted Wheels (2.5L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Overall this car is the best car I have ever driven and I would never need a better car. The handling and power are simply amazing. The ONLY thing I would like different is the gear ratio (gears are too close together).

Handling and power.

Gear ratio

my black beauty
By car enthuz

I've owned my 04 sti for about a year and have been pleased! Good everyday car, avg 20 mpg. Lowered so bumpy but drives like a dream. My water pump went out resulting in overheating, resulting in a header job at about 100k mi so keep an eye out for that. Had I caught the overheat before I did, she coulda been spared the trama. The good news, I have an xs exaust and wow, the sound! I've taken down (in speed and sound) many a mustang gt, gto, RTcharger and many v8 trucks with all kinds of loud exhausts. The sound isn't a cheap "bumble bee in a can" sound, its a full "I'm eating your soul" sound. I even put it up to a 1976 stingray (vet) I won, mutually.

DCCD, AWD, performance is outstanding!, RPM light, gold flake black paint (04/05 only?) w/ gold BBS, excellent in all weather! its been put to the weather test and passed with flying colors. rain, tornado winds, ice, hale, STIs rock it all.

XS 3" exhaust sounds AMAZING! tein lowering suspention is a bit of a stiff ride but immediatly drops torque to the ground and if lowered do not rerout intake to passanger side reservoir if there is enough rain in your area (at any season) to splash water in the intake. SERIOUSLY.

2004 STi a.k.a bargin 911 Turbo
By J04Sti

There is no other car on the planet that makes more sense than a Subaru WRX STi! It makes 300 hp+300tq with no turbo lag from a turbocharged and intercooled 2.5L Flat 4 cyl,AWD,6 speed tranny, 4 doors, looks that could kill and with minor modifications can make well over 400 hp (like mine does). Sure the ride is a little harsh, but you're glued to the road I feel safer driving my 2 daughters around in it than any SUV or Volvo. Decent gas mileage and very reliable in all weather conditions. Plus 0-60mph in 4.5 sec & the 1/4mile in 13.3 sec@104mph STOCK! I've spent approx $3500 and my car makes 427whp@6400rpm&446wtq@3600rpm,0-60 in 3.8sec & the 1/4mile 12.3@117mph! Its my daily driver too.

Lag free, turbocharged power, all wheel drive, 4 doors, gorgeous body.

A Collector's
By Slaw

I have wanted the STI since it came out in 2004. The price came down a little bit, and there rest the BEAST in my driveway. There are not enough words to describe the STI. But one thing for sure it is NOT a civic, not even in the same ballpark. My thought's were that the power was going to be like the civic at high RPM's. To let you know, I was very, very, WRONG! The best part for me is trying to keep the car under control while driving under the speed limit.If you have no kids then the sky is the limit with the STI. So please find one that an adult has owned with min. mods done to it. ENJOY IT! and be SAFE! The 2004 STI will be a COLLECTORS ITEM!

Front and Back Stance, AWD, 300hp, It is not a typical car, automobile, vehicle, sedan, sport's car, AWD. It is THE 2004 Subaru WRX STI Period

Who cares!

Perfect for the enthusiast
By Josh

If you're not a sports car enthusiast, do not even test drive one of these cars. However for those of us who enjoy a performance car that has everything you need and nothing you don't. This is the car you need to have. Who cares about the ride comfort? I dont know about you but I didn't buy this car to be a luxurious sunday driver. The power is always there, turbo lag? Not really much of a factor if you know what you're doing. If the gas mileage were better I would take this car everywhere.

AWD+boost.