2003 Subaru Impreza 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual w/Spoiler Consumer Review - WRX like a charm

2003 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

WRX Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual w/Spoiler)

WRX like a charm
By silverwrxdriver on

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Spoiler (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Purchased this car 10/30/01 and I'm approaching 14K miles. Impressive 0-60 power; it will smoke stock Mustang GT's off the line. Huge public appeal; I even got a thumbs-up from a Harley- Davidson biker (complete with 2 ft. beard). Fun to drive on all-surfaces. Complaints: The shifter and the interior plastic (a few rattles have emerged) could be a little tighter. I have the stock premium sound system including the under-the-seat sub and it longs for more power. Also the volume selector is coarse, there are huge differences between some increments. Overall, only minor gripes - I would recommend this car over and over again!

Favorite Features

Acceleration, handling, the A/C blows ice-cold, and some more acceleration. Ski-passthru is a nice option and doubles as a great back-seat armrest for adults.

Suggested Improvements

I second the remote-trunk idea! A premium sound system that actually sounds premium (save your money, go aftermkt). 17" wheels should not be a 3K option.