2003 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: TS=Terrific Sportwagon!

2003 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

2.5 TS Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

TS=Terrific Sportwagon!
By Beacom on

2003 Subaru Impreza 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Cant rate the reliability yet but every other aspect; handling, function, acceleration, looks, quality are superb. In choosing the TS, I researched the Protege wagon, focus wagon, vibe, element & matrix. This is in the uppermid price range, but is clearly on top in features & function. The gas mileage is good considering the power and towing capacity. I liked the protege wagon until I drove the TS. They are not even in the same club. I like the Element but there was not enough driver leg room. The leg/head room in the TS is great. Normally my hair brushes the ceiling in smaller cars, but I have 2 inches above my head in the TS. Overall, a very nice car.

Fantastic all wheel drive. Very sporty feel SUPER FUN TO DRIVE! Real power when you need it. 2000lb towing capacity. Good gas mileage for sporty/utility vehicle. Very affordable. And did I mention how great that boxer engine sounds?

A little firmer suspension like what is in the RS sedan. Real cup holders in normal places. Make the darn floor mats standard.