2003 Subaru Impreza 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Serious review from real owner

2003 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

WRX Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual)

Serious review from real owner
By jazawash on

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Have 7000 miles on my WRX wagon.I read all I could on this vehicle for about 6 months and test drove it 4 times before purchasing.Having driven everything from Acuras,Hondas,Mustangs,other Subarus and a Porsche 928.I will say this is the best all around handling, performance car I have driven.For under 25,000, a steal.In weather no comparison,unless you purchase an Audi,BMW or Volvo.Car is a blast to drive,and with mods,0-60 low 4's and 1/4 mile in 13's.Super car territory.

Favorite Features

AWD,acceleration,handling,unique looks,proven reliability and resale,and of course the way this vehicle handles in the snow,mud and rain.Subaru WRX STi and Mitsubishi Evo out in America spring 2003.At around 30,000 each these are great cars,but not in every ones price range.

Suggested Improvements

Stock tires load,upgrade asap,heat soak on very hot days.So bigger turbo with intercooler.Body roll when cornering hard.Bigger mm sway bars,front and rear.Improved A/C. Careful with mods as dealerships now will not cover repairs caused by mods.I am waiting until warranty is up.