My First Subaru
By WangDAT on
2003 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
First thing I noticed when I drove this car home from a SoCal dealership was how quiet the engine was compared to all the Honda Civics I've owned. It's suprisingly fuel efficient if you stay off the boost, I netted 450 miles on a tank on that trip back home, where I average approximately 70 mph. Gas is now $2.90 for premium in my area, so this was a really pleasant suprise. The motor is pretty laggy though, but once you're in boost, it's heaven. The handling is awesome and still offers a pretty good ride. I feel this car has the perfect mix of power, handling, braking, and fuel economy... at any price. My co-worker owns a 2001 Audi S4 and this car feels like a 9/10 version of it.
Favorite Features
Awesome power, brakes, handling, and gas mileage. Remarkably quiet for a compact sedan., There's no intake roar like in other cars, getting on the freeway on my way home from the dealer, I left the car in 3rd going about 70mph for about 2 minutes because I couldn't hear the engine sounds.
Suggested Improvements
Turbo lag makes driving easy a little diffcult. Audio system lacks real bass. Cup holder is a joke. The shifter action is on the long and rubbery side. Seats are a little tight, I'm 6'0" and 200 lbs and full of rippling muscles.