2003 Subaru Impreza 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - fast grocery hauler (and dogs,

2003 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

fast grocery hauler (and dogs, firewood,
By siveson on

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

At initial purchase this was the most bang for the buck in my price class. Although the styling might be taken as dowdy by some, this car is the swiss army knife of vehicles. I commute 110 miles each day(80 highway, 30 dirt) and I find the car very comfortable. Gas mileage could be better. The motor and AWD are the big reasons to have this car. I've put 25,000 miles on this car in less than 4 months and it shows no signs of slowing down. The car will see action in both auto-x and rally-x this summer. The most amazing thing is that with an experienced driver at the helm I have never seen a faster car down a dirt road..."UNCLE!"

Favorite Features

The AWD and sport tuned suspension (with 8" of travel!). The boxer motor. Comfortable, if uninspiring cabin. Ease of maintenance, very well thought out mechanically. Oh yeah! Cargo space. This car flat out hauls, speed wise and cargo wise.

Suggested Improvements

A little more noise insulation, it can get a bit droney on a long road trip. Better routing of the plumbing that brings fresh air into the cockpit (it always seems too warm) and better headlights, for the velocities that this car encourages it deserves, no, requires better lighting.