Best Car I've Ever Owned
By ntorbett on
2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)
I planned on keeping my '00 Protege until it died but for a WRX I traded my reliable economy car for more power. Generally not rash to buy a vehicle, when I found a WRX wagon on sale for a great price I bought it the day I test drove it. For anyone into spirited driving on gravel roads, a WRX has no rivals for the cost. Compared to the sedan version, the wagon is sluggish but the utility of extra interior space has been worth it. Everyone I know who has considered a wagon and bought a sedan has since regretted the lack of room. Fuel economy: 22 mpg day-to-day, 29 highway, 9 when running wide open.
Favorite Features
Rough road speed combined with poor-weather handling to provide performance unlike any other vehicle in its price range. Sleeper appearance -- unless someone knows what the WRX badging means they generally mistake it for just another Subaru wagon.
Suggested Improvements
Everyone dislikes the dash cupholder, fog light & cruise engage button would be better off on stalks instead of the dash, stereo tuner "dial" should either be a normal dial or just two buttons.