2003 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: Base WRX is just a starting po

2003 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

WRX Wagon (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 5-speed Manual)

Base WRX is just a starting point...
By Wavshrdr on

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

You canít beat the bang for the buck. I have done more mods than I care to mention but the performance of the car is amazing. I now have a little wagon that will easily run with or beat a turbo Porsche at a fifth the price. I can take 4 other people along with me for the ride in reasonable comfort. Then I can stuff the hatch area full of stuff and take a trip. This car is the ultimate all-weather interceptor. Very few cars can offer this level of performance, reliability and fun! Every day its basic goodness shines through as soon as you fire it off. Downsides to the car: mileage, interior materials and terrible tires. Buy one!

Drivetrain is my favorite aspect about the car. You have performance that will keep you entertained for a long time and excellent all weather grip. I am really impressed with the car as a whole. It does so many things well.

Tires are trash; plain and simple. Subaru needs to do something about the mileage. I get worse mileage than my diesel SUV in normal driving.