Used 2003 Subaru Impreza Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

2003 Subaru Impreza Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Can't beat the thrills for the price.
By sliverWRX

2003 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Spoiler (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car flat out flies. There is not another car on the market that produces this much fun for the price. Step up to a Mustang GT and teach him a lesson. Some say the EVO destroys this car but I bought my 2003 WRX for $23,700 out the door. I'd like to see you buy an EVO for under $30,000. This can be sensible if you want but can crush most other cars when want also.

Favorite Features

mmm 227 hp turbo charged boxer engine. ahhh(DROOL). Comfortable seats, great suspension, and brakes.

Suggested Improvements

Move the cup holder off the stereo. Upgrade the tires and wheels.

awesome
By bassduderob

2003 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

great car. i really like the turbo and the handling of the car. I would pass on the yellow though.

Favorite Features

all of them

Suggested Improvements

none

Very fast
By vifly

2003 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The WRX is amazing. I considered the Altima and Jetta, but neither is as fast, fun, or safe (awd) to drive as my WRX. Also, the attention you get is pretty cool. WRX drivers always wave, as do other drivers. . . .its kind of like Bugmania except the car isn't feminine.

Favorite Features

The power and awd. It goes, and it goes fast. AWD allowed me to drive through snow and mountains without much trouble, even with the summer tires. 6- disc in dash system is also very useful. Cars much more expensive than this don't have this feature.

Suggested Improvements

The gearbox feels a bit vague. Especially first and reverse, they don't engage very easily. No serious problems yet, but gears sometime grind when trying to shift to first or reverse. Also, while I'm come to like the exterior styling, your friends may be slow to warm up to it.

Sonic Yellow screamer!!!
By R. Murphy

2003 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Spoiler (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The best small sedan for 25,000 dollars bar none. I have test driven everything from the Ford Focus SVT to a 325i, the list would'nt fit here, and the WRX is a no brainer!!!

Favorite Features

Acceleration!!! AWD. Ride/handling combination(think 3 series!). Quiet comfort

Suggested Improvements

Needs fold down rear seat. You can't go wrong with more power!! (the STI is coming!!!)

The AWD Fury under $26,000
By stalefish19

2003 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Spoiler (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is amazing! AWD and 227 hp. stock! I wasted a 5.0 mustang yesterday, and my car is still stock. So many performance mods for the car too, if you're a racing enthusiast. I'm an avid snowboarder, and the car handles and accelerates superbly up the mountains, even in the snow. My Eclipse doesn't compare!

Favorite Features

AWD and 227 ponies. 6-disc in dash CD is convenient. Optional short-throw shifter and boost guage are a must!

Suggested Improvements

Tires are terrible! Hope you like the bug-eyes, if not, opt for the '04. Also, the rear seats don't fold down, only the center armrest. Nothing a roof rack couldn't solve however.