2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Inexpensive WRX alternative
By tjhenn on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at the WRX wagon initially, but decided the extra $4000 and higher insurance rates weren't worth it. The TS is a fun, sporty driving car with the benefit of AWD and the Insureance Institute for Highway Saftey best crash rating. I like its "quirky" styling because you don't see much else like it on the road. The 2.5l engine provides plenty of power for freeway driving and the mountains. Much better than the Saturn its replacing. The back seats might be a little cramped for adults over 5'7" on long trips and I'd like to see alloy wheels and keyless entry made standard, but those are my only major gripes. Very solid, fun car to drive.

2003 WRX Wagon
By Kevin11 on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is the best overall vehicle for most people. Forget about gas guzzling SUV's, this all wheel drive WRX kicks their a$$ in every way. One mont all and NO regrets...

Suburu Impreza Wagon
By Angelo M. Sanchez on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Great driving experience. Wait for light next to BMW's etc, and watch them in your review mirror in seconds. A lot of fun to drive especially in winding country roads.

honest review
By njs on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

great car! really the only choice for an AWD wagon under $25K -- which makes the 227hp/turbo almost a freebie... FYI mainj, the horn-alarm can be easily turned off -- read your brouchure or call your dealer

Fun to drive and good sporty design....
By smith168 on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I had never thought about getting a WRX, but after test driving my friend's I couldn't resist. I didn't know I would love this car so much until I own it. This car has got a decent amount of horsepowers, great performance, sporty interior and exterior design, 6 CD changer and it comes with so many other standard manufacture options that so many new cars out there call optional.

Not your moms wagon.
By Navy Tech on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

From the first look at this car you know its not the typical grocery getter. The Unique styling and loud but tasteful blue makes this car very attactive. And after sitting the High bolster sport style seats you know for sure this ain't you momma's wagon. Loads of fun to drive, yet still useful for loading you friends and snowboards in. Little pricy butr well worth the extra money. You get more than what you paid for.

Rally Screamer
By 3Pinner on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

A wonderful little car, able to lay dust to anything on the road. In stock form, it's a fantastic ride. Great handling, power, and room for my dogs. The cool factor is even higher than you would expect froma Subaru. Three weeks, and I've gotten multiple complements. Car can easily be modified safely to put out 300hp. Many supporting websites and tuners across the nation.

Lots of fun
By wrx driver on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

Basically the most fun car I have had a chance to drive. The handling is unbelivable. The turbo boost combined with excellent handling, speed, road grip, and flat out excelleration ( in 2-5th gear) is one hell of a ride. The body design is low key and boring but true auto enthusists know what its all about when they see one. Who else is there to immpress? The sports wagon design is very functional though and I wouldnt trade it for a sedan or racier.

Drive it, you'll like it!
By Funwagon on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Although I have owned 2 Subarus, I thought I was going to end up in a Jetta 1.8T, or used Audi A4. Jetta summary - higher perf and a higher price, no AWD, not as safe, or reliable. Comparably priced A4s were 1999 vintage, a bit long in the tooth. I considered the protege5, but looking at the safety data quickly ended that. The wagon's cargo options are extremely flexible. My 55 lb. dog fits comfortably in the back. The driver's seat is comfortable and visibility is good. The instrumentation is adequate. Although I read lukewarm reviews of the acceleration I suspect they were based on the automatic transmission. I find the M5 to be more than satisfactory.

Snow? What Snow?
By Digg'n the Ride on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2003 Outback Sport Manual just as the weather changed from dry rainless weeks to rainy days and slick roads here in the east. It gives a great feeling of the road and handles better in inclimate weather than the 1996 Nissan 200SX SE-R that I previously owned. The first snow of the year I saw more Subaru owners on the road than SUV owners. Yeah Subaru!! Fun to drive in all kinds of weather. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!