Used 2003 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

fun 2 drive
By Avalita

2003 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first new car and I love it! I have had three cars before this one and none comes close to this. Every where I go I get comments on how nice my car is. Not to mention it is quick off the line and really fun to drive. I love the look on peoples faces when they see me fly past! My only complaint is that the back seet is too small.

front seat is verry comfortable, sporty looks, fun to drive, fast, and great on turns really hugs the road

more back seat room, better gas mileage

Having Fun!!!!
By curly333333

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is fun to drive. I find myself making excuses to drive it. I have done extensive modifications to it to improve horsepower and performance and i still get 25 mpg on the highway. I have never had to have anything fixed.

The engine and handling!!!

The 5 spd transmision is a little vague when u shift from 2nd to 3rd or 4th to 5th if u r daydreaming when u upshift. The premium stereo is not up to par when u crank it!

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By ntorbett

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I planned on keeping my '00 Protege until it died but for a WRX I traded my reliable economy car for more power. Generally not rash to buy a vehicle, when I found a WRX wagon on sale for a great price I bought it the day I test drove it. For anyone into spirited driving on gravel roads, a WRX has no rivals for the cost. Compared to the sedan version, the wagon is sluggish but the utility of extra interior space has been worth it. Everyone I know who has considered a wagon and bought a sedan has since regretted the lack of room. Fuel economy: 22 mpg day-to-day, 29 highway, 9 when running wide open.

Rough road speed combined with poor-weather handling to provide performance unlike any other vehicle in its price range. Sleeper appearance -- unless someone knows what the WRX badging means they generally mistake it for just another Subaru wagon.

Everyone dislikes the dash cupholder, fog light & cruise engage button would be better off on stalks instead of the dash, stereo tuner "dial" should either be a normal dial or just two buttons.

Fun Drive!
By GeoArtGal

2003 Subaru Impreza 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at the Protege5 and Jetta wagons before deciding on the Subaru Imprezza wagon. The Jetta was too small for my husband, and the Subaru was so much more fun to drive than the Protege. I haven't had it long (10 mos), but the only problem I've had is that it is difficult shift into reverse. I can fit a ton of stuff in the back, rubber cargo mat is excellent when driving dogs around, and at the end of an 8 hour drive, we are still comfortable. I hope this car remains as trouble free and fun to drive as it is right now.

AWD is great on hills and curves. Feels like the tires have claws on corners.

No top door rim around windows may allow moisture to get inside. My windows fog terribly in cold weather. Luckily I live in a place where this is only a problem about 2 times a year.

Fun Pocket Rocket
By FishNutz

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I work with a ton of car buffs who sport around in their 50k porsche's or other sports cars. Not all of them appreciate the car design but they all have the same reaction when I drop the clutch at about 3500 RPMs...Holy S!*#!!. If you want a luxury "sports" car look somewhere else. If you want a car that drives like a gokart on steroids this is your ride. With the popularity of the car there are a wide range of modifications coming online for those who want to take the next step in performance.

Pure power, bucket front seats that hug you while you drive, the waves you get from other scooby owners.

Trunk latch is horrible, sun 'blocker' above mirror is useless, cheap plastic sun shades for driver and passenger. Need a power antenna or internal.