2003 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
WRX Wagon review
By scarletletter on 08/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Plenty of pickup, amazing suspension, corners on rails, tons of room to put stuff in back, decent gas mileage. Handled incredibly well in over a foot of snow, in rain, in all weather conditions. AWD is amazing. Drawbacks: Suspension being so tight causes ride to be a little stiff for long distance (worth putting up with), interior design could be a little better engineered(no place to put cd's, only one useful cupholder. In short, totally worth the price paid for the fun on tight roads, handling in all weather, and zip. Eminently practical, too.

2003 WRX Wagon - Manual Transmission
By cjbruce on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The most fun car I've ever had. This is the perfect blend of practicality and performance. It is as close to a full-on race car as most of us will ever need, while offering a good deal of safety and convenience in a very confidence-inspiring package. You can't help but love it after you drive it.

Super Car
By thike72 on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I think this is the best car you could buy.

Best bang for the buck
By alex1234 on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Spoiler (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

my wife wanted for me to get the 350Z, but I can think of many other ways to spend $8-12k to get the same performance. Granted the bug eye looks aren't that great and the new EVO is supposed to be overall a great performer, but this Subaru has great reliability and status. It's amazing fun to drive (2 speeding tickets in the first 6 months). Worth every penny!

Fun and reliable
By nhibbert on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I wanted a sporty, fun-to-drive car. My wife wanted a safe and reliable car. The Impreza fit the bill at a price we could afford. Unfortunately, I had to give in and get the automatic.

Rally Car DuJour!
By BR549 on 07/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Spoiler (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I traded my 2000 Honda Civic EX in for this car and have NEVER regret it! I spent a year in England and remembered watching Rally races on TV. This car is without a doubt the best I've owned so far. It's got sexy styling and after installing the short throw shifter, the changing of gears is a dream. My wife who does not care for manual transmissions even longs to drive my car! If you have one and have not tried it on a dirt road, DO SO! Other than that, it is a Mustand and Camaro killer. And I do not care what any EVO fan has to say, the rally races are still won by the Subie 90% of the time!

Passes everything except a gas station
By Mike Miller on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Overall a a very nice car. Open road driving is great, but the turbo lag is annoying. The power is poor until you hit 3,000 RPM, then it takes off like a rocket. Also, the gas mileage is nowhere near the 20/27 listed on the sticker. More like 20/23. Also, the transmission is not that smooth at times. Overall, though I like the car a lot and often take the long way home as long as that way involves lots of hills and curves!

If loving my new WRX is wrong....
By Mack1952m on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Spoiler (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

... I don't wanna be right! This is a wonderful car! It's fast, quick, handles well, carries kids & cargo, loves the freeway & the winding backroad, & it looks good sitting still, too! It combines many of the assets of my 2 previous cars, a '99 Saturn SL2 & a Mustang GT. It's the best of both worlds! It's a very tight, well-built machine, very comfortable, & did I mention that it was F-A-S-T ??

The most fun I've ever had driving!
By waveoff on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is the most fun of any car that I've owned. Every car I have ever owned has utilized forced induction but this one is by far the most entertaining. I went with the wagon because my wife was having our first kid and I wanted the utility. I must say though, the trunk isn't THAT big. I can fit more stuff into my '97 Honda Civic. Also, rear leg room is meager and is only recommended for short trips. If you're really looking for a long trip family car go with an SUV or Minivan.

Little Cash, Lot's of Car
By RomanoM on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The most practical, fun and fast car you can buy for under $25,000! A true all-season, all-condition fast and fun car. With performance tires it can handle with the best and with snow tires winters are a breeze. Not perfect, but you get more than you should for the money.