2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
killer 4cyl
By wrxnut900 on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

great car fun to drive tons of power for such a little motor i added a intake and exhaust and made it really fast i love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the performance, hate the repairs
By rgdave on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The winding, mountainous roads around me are a kick in my WRX, with power, pickup and handling. (Even Porsche and BMW driving friends LOVE driving it!) But gravel and rutted roads are tough on the tires (on my 2nd set), brakes (going in for its 2nd brake job at 27,000 mi.) and alignment (can't seem to hold it.) Could use a little more ground clearance. Doubt I'd buy it again because of the brake and tire problems.

subiewagon
By brent from ontario on 09/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

car handles all the corners and twisties you want to give it for a vehicle in this price range. A little quick to shift from 1st to 2nd. ride is good on highway; not quite as good on our rough city roads in Toronto. I bought winter tires which make this car very impressive when it gets snowy or icy. Very fun to drive and surprises a few people from the lights.

TS=Terrific Sportwagon!
By Beacom on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Cant rate the reliability yet but every other aspect; handling, function, acceleration, looks, quality are superb. In choosing the TS, I researched the Protege wagon, focus wagon, vibe, element & matrix. This is in the uppermid price range, but is clearly on top in features & function. The gas mileage is good considering the power and towing capacity. I liked the protege wagon until I drove the TS. They are not even in the same club. I like the Element but there was not enough driver leg room. The leg/head room in the TS is great. Normally my hair brushes the ceiling in smaller cars, but I have 2 inches above my head in the TS. Overall, a very nice car.

Blast
By Raf on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It is absolutely fantastic car. The infamous turbo lag can be sometimes annoying, but after 6 months I almost mastered beating it, when need power. Florida is flat, but those wet ramps are great! I took a wagon for utility (also looks are in my opinion better then sedan) and can recommend all cargo accessories from Subaru (bin, net, tray, etc.). Also get the armrest extension if you are tall. An of course, get short-throw shifter! Fuel economy is an oximoron for this car: 20/25 premium (at best) is pathetic for a 2.0 l engine. Highway can be even worse if keep the speed above 80 mph. But boy, is it worth it.

WRX Wagon review
By scarletletter on 08/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Plenty of pickup, amazing suspension, corners on rails, tons of room to put stuff in back, decent gas mileage. Handled incredibly well in over a foot of snow, in rain, in all weather conditions. AWD is amazing. Drawbacks: Suspension being so tight causes ride to be a little stiff for long distance (worth putting up with), interior design could be a little better engineered(no place to put cd's, only one useful cupholder. In short, totally worth the price paid for the fun on tight roads, handling in all weather, and zip. Eminently practical, too.

2003 WRX Wagon - Manual Transmission
By cjbruce on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The most fun car I've ever had. This is the perfect blend of practicality and performance. It is as close to a full-on race car as most of us will ever need, while offering a good deal of safety and convenience in a very confidence-inspiring package. You can't help but love it after you drive it.

Super Car
By thike72 on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I think this is the best car you could buy.

Fun and reliable
By nhibbert on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I wanted a sporty, fun-to-drive car. My wife wanted a safe and reliable car. The Impreza fit the bill at a price we could afford. Unfortunately, I had to give in and get the automatic.

Passes everything except a gas station
By Mike Miller on 06/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Overall a a very nice car. Open road driving is great, but the turbo lag is annoying. The power is poor until you hit 3,000 RPM, then it takes off like a rocket. Also, the gas mileage is nowhere near the 20/27 listed on the sticker. More like 20/23. Also, the transmission is not that smooth at times. Overall, though I like the car a lot and often take the long way home as long as that way involves lots of hills and curves!