Used 2003 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

2003 Subaru Impreza Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

The good stuff
By Slick55

2003 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

If you've ever driven go-karts in those tourist amusement parks, you know that you don't need neck-snapping acceleration to have fun on 4 wheels. This Subaru is like that. Sure, the WRX has greater acceleration (at a greater price), but this is a GREAT bargain. 35 MPH highway exit ramps become 55 MPH ramps. This car goes exactly where you point it under superb control. Make sure you get the 5-speed manual, and you'll love driving this car.

Favorite Features

Good acceleration, great handling, great seats, great steering, great brakes, great (manual) transmission, terrific engine sounds

Suggested Improvements

Not very people would ever describe this car as "knock-out gorgeous". I agree, but its quirky looks grow on you after awhile. Also, you won't really care what it looks like from the outside when you're on the inside carving your way through the curvy roads.

Best Car I've Ever Had!!
By zfoster13

2003 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the absolutely best car I've ever owned! I went from Honda Civic coupes to this and it is more comfortable and is more powerful than the Civic. The styling is great, I love the fog lights. It even has power in 5th gear!

Favorite Features

I love the exterior styling, it's different than anything else on the road. The fog lights are huge and therefore, are actually funtional. The power in 5th gear is much more than I would have expected. The seats are extremely comfortable and hug your body into the seat as well.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvements I would recommend would be to make the interior a little more insulated so there is less road noise. It's not very loud, but it could be better.