Used 2003 Subaru Impreza 2.5 TS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

2003 Subaru Impreza

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

A Sleeper
By Sortwell

2003 Subaru Impreza 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I drive in Western Europe each year and really have grown to enjoy the strong little 5 speed rentals and the twisty back roads there. My work here in the US now has me commuting 75 miles round trip on country roads each day so I went looking for the best handling / performing rig I could find for under $20,000. There are some great cars (Jetta's/ Civic's / Focus) but the new Subaru 2.5 L. Sport Wagon is way ahead of the others in speed and handling. It is precise and smooth through the hard corners and the power is such that shifting down is minimized ... quick and easy. The all wheel drive is just fantastic when the road gets greezy ... makes it very safe.

Favorite Features

The car in black is very sharp. The hatch back space is perfect for two person weekend boating / skiing gear. The genuine sports car performance / civilized appearance are the real considerations for driving enthusiasts who don't want to project the bad boy image.

Suggested Improvements

Cruise control would be a nice standard but it is not available unless you step up to the Outback Imprezza which takes you pretty well over the $20,000 mark due to cosmetic add ons which I feel are cheesy ... who needs a spoiler on a street car?

TS Wagon awesome
By Jose Merino

2003 Subaru Impreza 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

great to handle, AWD is outstanding, awesome grip on turns, excellent power and acceleration, terrific power steering... fun to drive

Favorite Features

engine sound... classic Subaru sound and feel

Suggested Improvements

remote trunk release, power locks from outside as well

Inexpensive WRX alternative
By tjhenn

2003 Subaru Impreza 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at the WRX wagon initially, but decided the extra $4000 and higher insurance rates weren't worth it. The TS is a fun, sporty driving car with the benefit of AWD and the Insureance Institute for Highway Saftey best crash rating. I like its "quirky" styling because you don't see much else like it on the road. The 2.5l engine provides plenty of power for freeway driving and the mountains. Much better than the Saturn its replacing. The back seats might be a little cramped for adults over 5'7" on long trips and I'd like to see alloy wheels and keyless entry made standard, but those are my only major gripes. Very solid, fun car to drive.

Favorite Features

AWD, styling, the storage area, the handling, decent mileage for an AWD vehicle (ave. 26mpg on mixed highay and city driving).

Suggested Improvements

Small back seat, antenna should be built into the back window, no standard alloy wheels or keyless entry.