2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
dog mobile
By scottasbj on 06/11/05 23:37 PM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I totaled my '99, but it saved my life. I had reservations about another one because it was VERY noisy, the shift linkage was awful and the clutch worked best parked. There were a lot of ignition problems, and the rear brakes were drums. But having two dogs, always had manual transmission, and not wanting to be sitting high off of the ground left me few choices. I ended up with a 2003 with 18,500 miles on it for $13,800. I love it! Subaru addressed every issue but the rear brakes (sigh). It is quiet, no hood scoop, more power, and the best shift linkage I have driven yet. It feels like a Legacy.

Perfect...
By Goodtimes on 04/06/05 16:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car will change the way you look at wagons!

What a wagon
By oneputt on 11/04/04 09:41 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

bar none, best bang for the buck going. Test drive and buy. Thats what I did. You will love this car. Turbo lag is an issue but with practice it is somewhat eliminated. Fun to out -accelerate 90% of the cars on the road. People unfamiliar with a wrx wagon have no idea what they are up against. Turbo plus awd is a winning combination when out performing other sport cars. I have over 50,000 miles on this car and every morning it is a pleasure to get in it and drive. I have never felt this way about any car. Buy one and you will know what I mean.

ImprezaWRX
By Slavichek on 08/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Beside the known fact that this car is the best in its class, I'll want to highlight some problems I experienced with it. Front brakes rotors, sipping radiator, bad paint quality.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By ntorbett on 04/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I planned on keeping my '00 Protege until it died but for a WRX I traded my reliable economy car for more power. Generally not rash to buy a vehicle, when I found a WRX wagon on sale for a great price I bought it the day I test drove it. For anyone into spirited driving on gravel roads, a WRX has no rivals for the cost. Compared to the sedan version, the wagon is sluggish but the utility of extra interior space has been worth it. Everyone I know who has considered a wagon and bought a sedan has since regretted the lack of room. Fuel economy: 22 mpg day-to-day, 29 highway, 9 when running wide open.

Fun Drive!
By GeoArtGal on 04/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at the Protege5 and Jetta wagons before deciding on the Subaru Imprezza wagon. The Jetta was too small for my husband, and the Subaru was so much more fun to drive than the Protege. I haven't had it long (10 mos), but the only problem I've had is that it is difficult shift into reverse. I can fit a ton of stuff in the back, rubber cargo mat is excellent when driving dogs around, and at the end of an 8 hour drive, we are still comfortable. I hope this car remains as trouble free and fun to drive as it is right now.

Solid Car
By orndog on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Subarus are tough, easy to work on, and fun to drive. Not the biggest car inside, but for a single commuter or a small family it is fine. The AWD is great when it is needed, but otherwise sucks up a bit of power. The car is a perfect blend of utility and performance, and is a great value.

I Love This Car
By KenL74 on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The best performing car I've ever driven. Great fun around town, or on the expressway. It's a little cramped inside (I'm 6'3"), and seriously needs a 6 speed trans, but other than that, I LOVE THIS CAR!

subaru WRX performs
By glo755 on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

excellent traction on turns

suburu wrx wagon
By keith taylor on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

this car runs great & steers realy good under cornering, has lots of power & looks good to. my wife chose this car for her & she is happy with it. it;s a little small for me but i injoy driveing it also, we realy wanted the all wheel drive system so we can go when the weather is bad. over all we like the car & have had no prolbems with it as of now.