2003 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
love my Subie
By subbiefan on 07/27/06 16:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love the way this car handles. All for under $20K. I liked the way my boyfriend's WRX drives so much I got the RS so we could have one of each.

Loads of fun
By Chris on 07/26/06 13:48 PM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The car has been everything that I wanted. Good performance, nice looking, build quality is outstanding. No fold down rear seat, no remote trunk release. Short throw shifter is awesome.

Nice, solid car
By Alex on 03/25/06 02:31 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car back in 2002 and never regretted it. I spent quite a bit of time researching various cars before getting my Outback Sport and am pretty happy with the car and its overall performance after having it for more than 3 years and driving 32k miles. It's my third car and second Subaru. Very reliable and nice car. Fast acceleration (on manual transmission) and very solid driving on snow (tested in Tahoe area). Probably has the best performance/price ratio of all AWDs on the market.

Bang for your buck wagon
By carlosi on 02/02/06 14:47 PM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This Subaru is fun to drive and has enough power to make driving to Mammoth from LA 3 times a year enjoyable. I'm never going to buy a non AWD vehicle again. Besides being an excellent ride for ski trips the AWD comes in real handy in wet conditions.

A Blast to drive
By JoeB on 09/27/05 23:45 PM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

In a little over 2 years I've put 45,500 trouble free miles on my WRX. I average about 25 MPG in 60/40 hwy/city driving and with a little effort, I can get 27 MPG. Not bad. My WRX has been on several 2000+ mile trips and was very comfortable. The interior could be a bit nicer, the transmission a little smoother and the exterior takes a little getting used to (I love it though!). The car is so much fun to drive, I can't wait to get into it each day. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to part with it I enjoy it so much. The AWD inspires great confidence in the snowy Midwest winters and other slick conditions.

Subaru's rock
By Aaron Walker on 09/13/05 19:40 PM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car rocks -- I love it.

BEST OF THE BEST
By H WILSON on 06/29/05 16:04 PM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I didn't want to buy this car, it was my husband's idea. But now. . . I LOVE THIS CAR! My husband is a new car addict so I can honestly say that I've owned or at least driven most cars all years and models, but no other car seems to compare. The speed, handling, fuel economy, snow driving, look, comfort. I just cant compare it to any other vehicle out there. This car is my number one!

dog mobile
By scottasbj on 06/11/05 23:37 PM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I totaled my '99, but it saved my life. I had reservations about another one because it was VERY noisy, the shift linkage was awful and the clutch worked best parked. There were a lot of ignition problems, and the rear brakes were drums. But having two dogs, always had manual transmission, and not wanting to be sitting high off of the ground left me few choices. I ended up with a 2003 with 18,500 miles on it for $13,800. I love it! Subaru addressed every issue but the rear brakes (sigh). It is quiet, no hood scoop, more power, and the best shift linkage I have driven yet. It feels like a Legacy.

My First Subaru
By WangDAT on 04/21/05 01:14 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

First thing I noticed when I drove this car home from a SoCal dealership was how quiet the engine was compared to all the Honda Civics I've owned. It's suprisingly fuel efficient if you stay off the boost, I netted 450 miles on a tank on that trip back home, where I average approximately 70 mph. Gas is now $2.90 for premium in my area, so this was a really pleasant suprise. The motor is pretty laggy though, but once you're in boost, it's heaven. The handling is awesome and still offers a pretty good ride. I feel this car has the perfect mix of power, handling, braking, and fuel economy... at any price. My co-worker owns a 2001 Audi S4 and this car feels like a 9/10 version of it.

Perfect...
By Goodtimes on 04/06/05 16:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car will change the way you look at wagons!