Used 2003 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews - 171 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

poor mans sports car
By guido1952

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is fun...fun...fun!!! As long as the engine rpm is kept in its powerband, you'll have the feeling that it is much larger than the 2.0l that it is. My car is a 5 speed. Stomp on the pedal, and its warp speed capable! The car handles the road as if were velcroed to it. Living in Vermont, there is no shortage of twisting roads. Some of which, have more kinks in them, than a roll of cheap garden hose. Yeehah!!! I truly wish that I could drive this beast, as it was designed to be driven. If I did, I'd be walkin'! Speeding tickets are expensive. With a few tweaks, my mileage is hovering around 32 mpg. Thank you Subaru,

100 watt stereo, a/c, cruise, 32 mpg and fun, fun, fun.

Heater controls. Switch them around. Replace the stock intake plumbing with a cold air intake system.

My Favorite Girlfriend
By Matt

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Trixie has gotten me through 2 bad breakups and many famous NY winters, and I'm still in love. I picked her up on 11/18/78 (happy birthday to me) and have never regretted it. The fuel economy is great, 29hwy with a K&N filter. The turbo lag is perfect for tame suburban driving, then you can let the ponies run on the country roads. Like all, I wish it was a little more posh, but it is what is, a Rally Car's little Bro. Speaking of rallying, the car handles wonderfully on dirt and washboard roads. All in all, a wonderful car and a terrific buy for under $25K. 0-60 in sub 6, and almost 30mpg hwy. What else do you want?!

THE BUG EYES! Engine, turbo, suspension... it's 25K race car. Plus I changed out the side turn signals to clear caped indicators, look perfect with the silver.

My only complaint after 4 years is no clicker button to release the truck.

WRX
By Vince

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have owned many sports cars but this is the best car I have ever owned. You get much more vehicle for the money (as pertains to performance).

Engine/drivetrain.

Better interior. Creature comforts.

Love my Rex
By Thedog

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I chose my black WRX wagon over an Acura RSX-S. I am glad I did. This car is fast, handles great, drives well, and has been a reliable work horse. I only wish I had hills, curves, and snow to drive it in.

The power and handling. This is a car I love to be in. Being a wagon has helped with practical stuff. Seating is comfortable. Did I mention that I like the power and handling?

Better paint. The paint is weak. Scratches, dings, and swirls way too easy. An optional 6-speed is definitely a must. Would have preferred 17" wheels as standard. 16" wheels make the car float a little in the handling. Make the shifter a little shorter. My wife would like larger cup holders.

Fun Car
By cat

2003 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This little car is fun to drive, safe and reliable. I have never had a single mechanical problem in four years. When I buy the next car this one stays too I never giving it up.

Great fun to drive, especially on curvy roads.