2003 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews 16

2003 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
WRX like a charm
By silverwrxdriver on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Spoiler (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Purchased this car 10/30/01 and I'm approaching 14K miles. Impressive 0-60 power; it will smoke stock Mustang GT's off the line. Huge public appeal; I even got a thumbs-up from a Harley- Davidson biker (complete with 2 ft. beard). Fun to drive on all-surfaces. Complaints: The shifter and the interior plastic (a few rattles have emerged) could be a little tighter. I have the stock premium sound system including the under-the-seat sub and it longs for more power. Also the volume selector is coarse, there are huge differences between some increments. Overall, only minor gripes - I would recommend this car over and over again!

this car rocks
By brandon on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

today is 10-06-02 and i got the car on the 3rd ( thursday )and i have already but 300 miles on it i cant be in it enough its so fun to drive i have the 5 speed edition and i am having so much fun in it you done need to speed or be crazy to have fun in it how great is that...!

this car rocks
By Brandon on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great car for the money
By RichardW on 09/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is one zippy car for the price. I did replace the factory tires with Yokahamas, but it is stock otherwise. Good seats, interior is fine, standard package is loaded. Handling is great, with the ability to get rid of the understeer by accelerating through the corners. The 4 wheel drive is the key. Minor complaints are the somewhat mushy shifter and gas mileage is only about 22mpg (with premium fuel). I bought it because it was about the only car that both Car and Driver(a great driver's car) and Consumer Reports(reliability) liked. And it's a lot cheaper than an Audi Quattro.

street king
By illest34 on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Spoiler (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

it's a great feeling to have knowing that you have the quickest and fast ride at any intersection almost all the time (except for those expensive 350hp plus sports cars, and coupes). looks aren't that bad and is unique, interior not that cheap and is functional, performance/handling/acceleration is outstanding, seats are comfortable. acceleration is quick after 3000pms, so it needs a good reving up. i've had my WRX for 3 weeks and i've been taking cats out

One Very Fun Car
By Sage1112 on 09/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Spoiler (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I am 6 4' 250 + I fit in the car... I had a 2000 vette... I like this car. It fun to drive, Fuel Economy is soso, but over all it's a 10!

Fun driving machine...
By payton on 09/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

From just looking at the car, you would not believe how fun it will be behind the wheel of this vehicle. The power you get from the turbo-charge engine will make you feel like a kid again,while the AWD system give you confident and comfort.What makes me more confident about the WRX wagon is that the car is 100% made in Japan and no matter whether the road is wet or sandy,I always have conditent in every corners.

absolutely LOVE it!
By aburke on 09/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Spoiler (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is fantastic! I bought it a few days ago and I'm in love. It's SO fun to drive and is very practical.

Best Car I've Ever Had!!
By zfoster13 on 09/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the absolutely best car I've ever owned! I went from Honda Civic coupes to this and it is more comfortable and is more powerful than the Civic. The styling is great, I love the fog lights. It even has power in 5th gear!

Subaru WRX wagon...
By babb1 on 09/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It rocks! This car is FUN to drive! And, being a wagon, it'll not only haull ass, it'll haul stuff!