Used 2003 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Can't beat the thrills for the price.
By sliverWRX

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Spoiler (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car flat out flies. There is not another car on the market that produces this much fun for the price. Step up to a Mustang GT and teach him a lesson. Some say the EVO destroys this car but I bought my 2003 WRX for $23,700 out the door. I'd like to see you buy an EVO for under $30,000. This can be sensible if you want but can crush most other cars when want also.

mmm 227 hp turbo charged boxer engine. ahhh(DROOL). Comfortable seats, great suspension, and brakes.

Move the cup holder off the stereo. Upgrade the tires and wheels.

Dodge Ram 4x4 to WRX!!!
By ram11213

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

What a switch!! All I have ever driven has been a full size truck. My last was a Ram. I feel like I'm driving a Go-Cart!! I love it! I think the car has awesome bold styling and nice headlights. It is an absolute blast to drive. Its like having a toy and a commuter car all in one. The WRX is so versatile, sports car or hauler!

Turbo, drivetrain, love the tight seats (but could see where a fat person wouldn't like them)not too many around

Is that supposed to be a cupholder in the dash?

I like this car,,wayyyyyy to much
By svopilot

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I think the bug-eyed look is cool, I took a 700 mile road trip two weeks ago and it ran like a champ. Seating is comfortable and I like the engine sound from a boxer engine.

Drivetrain is flawless, pick-up from 3000rpm onward is stellar for a car in this price range.

I am 6'2" and wish it had a little longer front doors, but it has plenty of leg and head-room. I still think that its a good trade for a car with the rigidity and torsional strength of this one.

Great alternative to SUV
By mgraze

2003 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought a new 2002 Outback Sport but the 2003 and 2002 are identical. I really love this car so far. I only have 600 miles on it but enjoy the ride quality, handling, interior layout and the power of the extremely smooth flat 4 engine. I was actually shopping it against the Honda CR-V LX. While the Honda is a fantastic vehicle (much better and less expensive than the Forester) I got such a great deal on last years model OBS that I couldn't pass it up. The only things I gave up were rear disk brakes and some interior room.

Handling, smooth engine, AWD, funky and different syling and 2-tone paint.

More steering effort, easier kick-down to lower gear when accelerating (automatic)

Very fast
By vifly

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The WRX is amazing. I considered the Altima and Jetta, but neither is as fast, fun, or safe (awd) to drive as my WRX. Also, the attention you get is pretty cool. WRX drivers always wave, as do other drivers. . . .its kind of like Bugmania except the car isn't feminine.

The power and awd. It goes, and it goes fast. AWD allowed me to drive through snow and mountains without much trouble, even with the summer tires. 6- disc in dash system is also very useful. Cars much more expensive than this don't have this feature.

The gearbox feels a bit vague. Especially first and reverse, they don't engage very easily. No serious problems yet, but gears sometime grind when trying to shift to first or reverse. Also, while I'm come to like the exterior styling, your friends may be slow to warm up to it.

• SUV