2003 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
WRX
By xspeedrj on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Four doors, all-wheel drive, anti-lock brakes, side impact air bags, 227 hp, good fuel economy, cool styling....for around $25,000. Why would anyone buy anything else?

All Speed, Junk parts
By Sooby Doer on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is very fun to drive, but buyer beware. My car is not even a year old but it's been to service more times than my older car. I've had problems with the cheap paint (easily stains), the engine light turning on and fluid leaks.

AWD with power is worth the money
By nemesis099 on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Spoiler (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've had my car for a while and as much as I love being able to compete with most cars on the road. I love it when I don't get stuck in the snow. I proved this when my friends and I went into a lot with 8" of snow on the ground and I was the only one to leave without a lot of pushing. If you live in a cold climate this is the car to own for the price.

Wow... and WOW!
By ZumaJay on 12/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

What more can be said about spending less than 26K out the door w/ a WRX fully optioned-out? Thanks to MIKE A. @ SM Subaru for letting me push him around! Anyhow, I LOVE this thing!! The car just wants to go fast... it wants to corner hard... it wants to make the driver happy.

Pure enjoyment
By Gramadin on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Enjoy the vehical very much love the cornering and super acceleration. this is my first car with stick so i am not that great at it but it is comming quickly i dont think it is all that bad shifting, no rain yet but it will be comming and it will be no problem i am sure. i find interior setup pretty good. sound is not as bad as some say ti is. gotta love the all wheel drive

A VW Convert
By vdubincali on 11/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Well what to say: amazing grip, incredible launch, hard to break the tires loose. Nice styling especially for my wagon model. Completely changed my idea of Subaru as a family car. Looking forward to hitting the mountains in the AWD! Actually having space for humans and skis/snowboards, boots and garb. Easy access to storage. Nice engine design. Aggressive styling. Fogs light up the road like spots! Handling to the point of having to lay off due to fear rather than loss of traction. Nice headroom in back seats. Nice stereo for a stock system. Overall a great buy!

many grins to the mile
By sullietal on 11/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Stiff chassis and solid steering make this car fun to drive. I look for road bumps that used to scare me in my Honda Accord. The railroad tracks are a real hoot. Gas mileage is lower than my Honda but the acceleration is far superior. the engine is smooth and strong.

The MOST fun I've had in years
By Chuck T on 11/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 4A)

I have owned this fun, and enjoyable vehicle (my first Subaru) for seven months now. The AWD & Turbo is more fun than my previously owned 1966, 912 Porsche 5 speed, and my Saab 99E (front drive). High altitude driving from Sacramento to Reno is astonishing In the rain: I can not think of another car sold in the USA that can keep up with it through a given course- that does not sell for $10,000 more. I honestly believe that Subaru must subsidize the WRX sales for WRC rules. Like GOOD wine, if you do not understand it or appreciate it- don't buy it. Those that do will SMILE- I DO! Everyday that I drive.

WRX best
By cfredrickson on 11/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is the best car I have owned Bar none. Fast and agile in traffic and fun to drive

It's All About Driving!
By Elad on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is just plain fun to drive! Jumps off the line with great acceleration once you get the engine (RPMs) spooled up. In the turns the car is balanced and rock solid with minimal body roll. Have driven in the rain and have yet to break the grip loose. Would recommend getting the short throw shifter for more precise shifting. I am averaging 21 (mpg) because it is hard to stay off the pedal in this car.