Used 2003 Subaru Impreza Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Most Helpful|
Can't beat the thrills for the price.
By sliverWRX

2003 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan w/Spoiler (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car flat out flies. There is not another car on the market that produces this much fun for the price. Step up to a Mustang GT and teach him a lesson. Some say the EVO destroys this car but I bought my 2003 WRX for $23,700 out the door. I'd like to see you buy an EVO for under $30,000. This can be sensible if you want but can crush most other cars when want also.

Favorite Features

mmm 227 hp turbo charged boxer engine. ahhh(DROOL). Comfortable seats, great suspension, and brakes.

Suggested Improvements

Move the cup holder off the stereo. Upgrade the tires and wheels.

Awsomely fun to drive
By wrxchik

2003 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is an awsomely fun drive. Very good pick-up, very quiet. Quite a sleeper. Unexpected power from only a 4 cyl. Everyone I have let drive this car loves it. (Even my Porsche friend) Outstanding handling around turns. Good everyday driver also.

Favorite Features

The acceleration is unparalleled in any car $25k. AWD is very handy. Brakes are good, but would be better stocked with Brembros. Handles outstandlingly around turns.

Suggested Improvements

Cupholder above the cd player is odd. Hood dents easily. The little flap between the window visors is too small to actually block the sun.

BEST OF THE BEST
By H WILSON

2003 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I didn't want to buy this car, it was my husband's idea. But now. . . I LOVE THIS CAR! My husband is a new car addict so I can honestly say that I've owned or at least driven most cars all years and models, but no other car seems to compare. The speed, handling, fuel economy, snow driving, look, comfort. I just cant compare it to any other vehicle out there. This car is my number one!

Favorite Features

The seats hug you and hold you in place for one heck of a ride. The turbo hums (if you drive one you know what I mean), The whole car. Everything about it is great!

Suggested Improvements

There needs to be some kind of grill over the air intake system in the front bumper. I had a little rock shoot up and take out my whole a/c system.

WRX
By Vince

2003 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have owned many sports cars but this is the best car I have ever owned. You get much more vehicle for the money (as pertains to performance).

Favorite Features

Engine/drivetrain.

Suggested Improvements

Better interior. Creature comforts.

Race Car meets Soccer Mom Car
By FutureBecwar

2003 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My husband and I had a 2005 Ford Focus Wagon. We decided to purchase a new car when we found out the Focus did so poorly on impact ratings. We ended up choosing this Subaru for many reasons. First, our mechanic (good friend of ours) said they were very reliable, secondly, they were super safe, and thirdly, because it fit what we were looking for. I asked for 4 doors, child-friendly, safe, and AWD or 4WD. My husband asked for a race car. You can't find a better comprimise car than this!

Favorite Features

I love the seats! They hug me while I drive. I also enjoy the handling and the power of the car. You guessed it, I drive the race car. The layout is terrific, everything is easy to get to, and easy to find. Even the engine seems easy to figure out for me.

Suggested Improvements

It would have been awesome if the clicker was able to open the trunk - it is a manual latch in the front seat. I wish there were more cupholders, a switch for the antenna (manual also), and that the switch to make the passengers leave the windows alone didn't also stop the driver from using them.