2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
After 7 years
By long time owner on 09/30/09 15:09 PM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car brand new. It has been a rocket of a car despite the turbo lag at low rpms. Very responsive and nimble for a wagon. This was the 2nd gen WRX. Reliable except for some problems. There is strut knocking in the rear, disc/brakes problems (numerous brake replacements) not braking hard. Clutch smells when driving it hard. A bit cramped for tall people. No rear room for adults great space with seats folded down. Comparable to an SUV. Excessive wind noise and engine noise. Fogs up easy on the windows. Lots of fan noise when on high but not much output to help defog.

poor mans sports car
By guido1952 on 07/17/07 11:51 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is fun...fun...fun!!! As long as the engine rpm is kept in its powerband, you'll have the feeling that it is much larger than the 2.0l that it is. My car is a 5 speed. Stomp on the pedal, and its warp speed capable! The car handles the road as if were velcroed to it. Living in Vermont, there is no shortage of twisting roads. Some of which, have more kinks in them, than a roll of cheap garden hose. Yeehah!!! I truly wish that I could drive this beast, as it was designed to be driven. If I did, I'd be walkin'! Speeding tickets are expensive. With a few tweaks, my mileage is hovering around 32 mpg. Thank you Subaru,

Love my Rex
By Thedog on 11/29/06 10:15 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I chose my black WRX wagon over an Acura RSX-S. I am glad I did. This car is fast, handles great, drives well, and has been a reliable work horse. I only wish I had hills, curves, and snow to drive it in.

Ever want to hug a car?
By damienG on 09/26/06 08:12 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have been a VW fan for the last 15 years, at one time saying I would never buy anything else. That was until my '96 Jetta GLS. To say I was disappointed with it is an understatement. While looking for a replacement for that car, something fun like VW's without the problems, I started looking at the WRX wagon. I needed a wagon and 4 doors, otherwise I may have ended up with a GTi. I took the WRX for a test drive, and that is all it took. This car is pure joy to drive! I had to get one, and I did. I have been driving it now for six months, and I still love it. I still look for reasons to take it out and I am still volunteering to drive my friends to and from the airport. I love it!

Subaru's rock
By Aaron Walker on 09/13/05 19:40 PM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car rocks -- I love it.

Perfect...
By Goodtimes on 04/06/05 16:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car will change the way you look at wagons!

What a wagon
By oneputt on 11/04/04 09:41 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

bar none, best bang for the buck going. Test drive and buy. Thats what I did. You will love this car. Turbo lag is an issue but with practice it is somewhat eliminated. Fun to out -accelerate 90% of the cars on the road. People unfamiliar with a wrx wagon have no idea what they are up against. Turbo plus awd is a winning combination when out performing other sport cars. I have over 50,000 miles on this car and every morning it is a pleasure to get in it and drive. I have never felt this way about any car. Buy one and you will know what I mean.

ImprezaWRX
By Slavichek on 08/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Beside the known fact that this car is the best in its class, I'll want to highlight some problems I experienced with it. Front brakes rotors, sipping radiator, bad paint quality.

Best Car I've Ever Owned
By ntorbett on 04/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I planned on keeping my '00 Protege until it died but for a WRX I traded my reliable economy car for more power. Generally not rash to buy a vehicle, when I found a WRX wagon on sale for a great price I bought it the day I test drove it. For anyone into spirited driving on gravel roads, a WRX has no rivals for the cost. Compared to the sedan version, the wagon is sluggish but the utility of extra interior space has been worth it. Everyone I know who has considered a wagon and bought a sedan has since regretted the lack of room. Fuel economy: 22 mpg day-to-day, 29 highway, 9 when running wide open.

I Love This Car
By KenL74 on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The best performing car I've ever driven. Great fun around town, or on the expressway. It's a little cramped inside (I'm 6'3"), and seriously needs a 6 speed trans, but other than that, I LOVE THIS CAR!

1 2 3 4 5 next »