Used 2003 Subaru Impreza 2.5 TS Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

It does it all!
By Dave

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I never write reviews, but I love this car and feel I owe it to the brand. I am completely sold on Subarus from now on. Snow, dirt, and wet roads are afterthoughts in this thing. I have taken it everywhere from snowdrifts to Jeep trails, and never had to second guess it. My favorite feature about it is storage space. I considered the few other cars with the elusive combination of storage and fuel efficiency, but none can touch the Subaru's AWD drivetrain. I will never go back to owning a truck for recreational purposes. The wagon can carry multiple bikes, gear for all and still have room for my dog. I love this car.

Favorite Features

Storage, reliability, versatility

Suggested Improvements

None

Bang for your buck wagon
By carlosi

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This Subaru is fun to drive and has enough power to make driving to Mammoth from LA 3 times a year enjoyable. I'm never going to buy a non AWD vehicle again. Besides being an excellent ride for ski trips the AWD comes in real handy in wet conditions.

Suggested Improvements

The interior could use some improvements but I think Subaru puts all the money on the engine and transmission.

Fun Drive!
By GeoArtGal

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at the Protege5 and Jetta wagons before deciding on the Subaru Imprezza wagon. The Jetta was too small for my husband, and the Subaru was so much more fun to drive than the Protege. I haven't had it long (10 mos), but the only problem I've had is that it is difficult shift into reverse. I can fit a ton of stuff in the back, rubber cargo mat is excellent when driving dogs around, and at the end of an 8 hour drive, we are still comfortable. I hope this car remains as trouble free and fun to drive as it is right now.

Favorite Features

AWD is great on hills and curves. Feels like the tires have claws on corners.

Suggested Improvements

No top door rim around windows may allow moisture to get inside. My windows fog terribly in cold weather. Luckily I live in a place where this is only a problem about 2 times a year.

TS=Terrific Sportwagon!
By Beacom

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Cant rate the reliability yet but every other aspect; handling, function, acceleration, looks, quality are superb. In choosing the TS, I researched the Protege wagon, focus wagon, vibe, element & matrix. This is in the uppermid price range, but is clearly on top in features & function. The gas mileage is good considering the power and towing capacity. I liked the protege wagon until I drove the TS. They are not even in the same club. I like the Element but there was not enough driver leg room. The leg/head room in the TS is great. Normally my hair brushes the ceiling in smaller cars, but I have 2 inches above my head in the TS. Overall, a very nice car.

Favorite Features

Fantastic all wheel drive. Very sporty feel SUPER FUN TO DRIVE! Real power when you need it. 2000lb towing capacity. Good gas mileage for sporty/utility vehicle. Very affordable. And did I mention how great that boxer engine sounds?

Suggested Improvements

A little firmer suspension like what is in the RS sedan. Real cup holders in normal places. Make the darn floor mats standard.

I love my TS
By DJ88

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

fun to drive, great acceleration, awesome grip and break response (drove it on snow) classic Subaru feel and sound I will buy a WRX Subaru Wagon in a few years when my baby girl inherits this one

Favorite Features

Looks, engine feel, sporty and sturdy feel, grip, handling, all the extras for the price (CD, ABS, Automatic locks etc,) All 100% Japanese made. 20 year Subaru tradition

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage could be better remote truck release missing back seat space sucks if you are tall