2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
A fun vehicle
By Daggzy on 03/25/08 07:15 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This has got to be one of the most underrated cars out there, It's practicality is useful for almost situation a driver wants(except racing) unless turbo'd. It was my best friend in 20cm of snow and its AWD never let me down.

Fun Car
By cat on 11/22/06 09:39 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This little car is fun to drive, safe and reliable. I have never had a single mechanical problem in four years. When I buy the next car this one stays too I never giving it up.

Nice, solid car
By Alex on 03/25/06 02:31 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car back in 2002 and never regretted it. I spent quite a bit of time researching various cars before getting my Outback Sport and am pretty happy with the car and its overall performance after having it for more than 3 years and driving 32k miles. It's my third car and second Subaru. Very reliable and nice car. Fast acceleration (on manual transmission) and very solid driving on snow (tested in Tahoe area). Probably has the best performance/price ratio of all AWDs on the market.

dog mobile
By scottasbj on 06/11/05 23:37 PM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I totaled my '99, but it saved my life. I had reservations about another one because it was VERY noisy, the shift linkage was awful and the clutch worked best parked. There were a lot of ignition problems, and the rear brakes were drums. But having two dogs, always had manual transmission, and not wanting to be sitting high off of the ground left me few choices. I ended up with a 2003 with 18,500 miles on it for $13,800. I love it! Subaru addressed every issue but the rear brakes (sigh). It is quiet, no hood scoop, more power, and the best shift linkage I have driven yet. It feels like a Legacy.

Solid Car
By orndog on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Subarus are tough, easy to work on, and fun to drive. Not the biggest car inside, but for a single commuter or a small family it is fine. The AWD is great when it is needed, but otherwise sucks up a bit of power. The car is a perfect blend of utility and performance, and is a great value.

outback sport
By et on 03/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I really enjoy driving this car. I do find the clutch to be a little stiff, and the turning radius is not what it should be on a car that size. Also, it gets terrible gas milage. However, I am very happy.

subaru outback impreza 2002
By ferrellms on 03/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Nice car - got it used. Pluses - well-made, fun, good stereo, nice looks. Minuses - fuel milage, seats not comfortable, not cheap.

outback sport
By ET on 03/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Drive it, you'll like it!
By Funwagon on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Although I have owned 2 Subarus, I thought I was going to end up in a Jetta 1.8T, or used Audi A4. Jetta summary - higher perf and a higher price, no AWD, not as safe, or reliable. Comparably priced A4s were 1999 vintage, a bit long in the tooth. I considered the protege5, but looking at the safety data quickly ended that. The wagon's cargo options are extremely flexible. My 55 lb. dog fits comfortably in the back. The driver's seat is comfortable and visibility is good. The instrumentation is adequate. Although I read lukewarm reviews of the acceleration I suspect they were based on the automatic transmission. I find the M5 to be more than satisfactory.

Snow? What Snow?
By Digg'n the Ride on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2003 Outback Sport Manual just as the weather changed from dry rainless weeks to rainy days and slick roads here in the east. It gives a great feeling of the road and handles better in inclimate weather than the 1996 Nissan 200SX SE-R that I previously owned. The first snow of the year I saw more Subaru owners on the road than SUV owners. Yeah Subaru!! Fun to drive in all kinds of weather. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!