2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
It does it all!
By Dave on 07/19/08 19:19 PM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I never write reviews, but I love this car and feel I owe it to the brand. I am completely sold on Subarus from now on. Snow, dirt, and wet roads are afterthoughts in this thing. I have taken it everywhere from snowdrifts to Jeep trails, and never had to second guess it. My favorite feature about it is storage space. I considered the few other cars with the elusive combination of storage and fuel efficiency, but none can touch the Subaru's AWD drivetrain. I will never go back to owning a truck for recreational purposes. The wagon can carry multiple bikes, gear for all and still have room for my dog. I love this car.

Bang for your buck wagon
By carlosi on 02/02/06 14:47 PM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This Subaru is fun to drive and has enough power to make driving to Mammoth from LA 3 times a year enjoyable. I'm never going to buy a non AWD vehicle again. Besides being an excellent ride for ski trips the AWD comes in real handy in wet conditions.

Fun Drive!
By GeoArtGal on 04/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at the Protege5 and Jetta wagons before deciding on the Subaru Imprezza wagon. The Jetta was too small for my husband, and the Subaru was so much more fun to drive than the Protege. I haven't had it long (10 mos), but the only problem I've had is that it is difficult shift into reverse. I can fit a ton of stuff in the back, rubber cargo mat is excellent when driving dogs around, and at the end of an 8 hour drive, we are still comfortable. I hope this car remains as trouble free and fun to drive as it is right now.

TS=Terrific Sportwagon!
By Beacom on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Cant rate the reliability yet but every other aspect; handling, function, acceleration, looks, quality are superb. In choosing the TS, I researched the Protege wagon, focus wagon, vibe, element & matrix. This is in the uppermid price range, but is clearly on top in features & function. The gas mileage is good considering the power and towing capacity. I liked the protege wagon until I drove the TS. They are not even in the same club. I like the Element but there was not enough driver leg room. The leg/head room in the TS is great. Normally my hair brushes the ceiling in smaller cars, but I have 2 inches above my head in the TS. Overall, a very nice car.

I love my TS
By DJ88 on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

fun to drive, great acceleration, awesome grip and break response (drove it on snow) classic Subaru feel and sound I will buy a WRX Subaru Wagon in a few years when my baby girl inherits this one

Inexpensive WRX alternative
By tjhenn on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at the WRX wagon initially, but decided the extra $4000 and higher insurance rates weren't worth it. The TS is a fun, sporty driving car with the benefit of AWD and the Insureance Institute for Highway Saftey best crash rating. I like its "quirky" styling because you don't see much else like it on the road. The 2.5l engine provides plenty of power for freeway driving and the mountains. Much better than the Saturn its replacing. The back seats might be a little cramped for adults over 5'7" on long trips and I'd like to see alloy wheels and keyless entry made standard, but those are my only major gripes. Very solid, fun car to drive.

TS Wagon awesome
By Jose Merino on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

great to handle, AWD is outstanding, awesome grip on turns, excellent power and acceleration, terrific power steering... fun to drive

A Sleeper
By Sortwell on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5 TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I drive in Western Europe each year and really have grown to enjoy the strong little 5 speed rentals and the twisty back roads there. My work here in the US now has me commuting 75 miles round trip on country roads each day so I went looking for the best handling / performing rig I could find for under $20,000. There are some great cars (Jetta's/ Civic's / Focus) but the new Subaru 2.5 L. Sport Wagon is way ahead of the others in speed and handling. It is precise and smooth through the hard corners and the power is such that shifting down is minimized ... quick and easy. The all wheel drive is just fantastic when the road gets greezy ... makes it very safe.