Used 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

14 years 282,000 miles
By Brian

2003 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

So I bought this car new in November of 2003 I recently hit 282,000 miles. And I have had this thing in corn fields on 4 wheeler trails doing 140+mph and it just keeps going. Same engine same turbo(bigger exaust) same everything nearly. Hell the boots on the CV axles are the originals. At 260,000 miles I changed the timing belt for the 2nd time the rollers tensioner and water pump for the first time. Oh and shortly before that I put in my 2nd set of wheel bearings. And at 280,000 I dropped in my 2nd clutch. This car still gets 25-28mpg.

Race Car meets Soccer Mom Car
By FutureBecwar

2003 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My husband and I had a 2005 Ford Focus Wagon. We decided to purchase a new car when we found out the Focus did so poorly on impact ratings. We ended up choosing this Subaru for many reasons. First, our mechanic (good friend of ours) said they were very reliable, secondly, they were super safe, and thirdly, because it fit what we were looking for. I asked for 4 doors, child-friendly, safe, and AWD or 4WD. My husband asked for a race car. You can't find a better comprimise car than this!

I love the seats! They hug me while I drive. I also enjoy the handling and the power of the car. You guessed it, I drive the race car. The layout is terrific, everything is easy to get to, and easy to find. Even the engine seems easy to figure out for me.

It would have been awesome if the clicker was able to open the trunk - it is a manual latch in the front seat. I wish there were more cupholders, a switch for the antenna (manual also), and that the switch to make the passengers leave the windows alone didn't also stop the driver from using them.

My Favorite Girlfriend
By Matt

2003 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Trixie has gotten me through 2 bad breakups and many famous NY winters, and I'm still in love. I picked her up on 11/18/78 (happy birthday to me) and have never regretted it. The fuel economy is great, 29hwy with a K&N filter. The turbo lag is perfect for tame suburban driving, then you can let the ponies run on the country roads. Like all, I wish it was a little more posh, but it is what is, a Rally Car's little Bro. Speaking of rallying, the car handles wonderfully on dirt and washboard roads. All in all, a wonderful car and a terrific buy for under $25K. 0-60 in sub 6, and almost 30mpg hwy. What else do you want?!

THE BUG EYES! Engine, turbo, suspension... it's 25K race car. Plus I changed out the side turn signals to clear caped indicators, look perfect with the silver.

My only complaint after 4 years is no clicker button to release the truck.

WRX
By Vince

2003 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have owned many sports cars but this is the best car I have ever owned. You get much more vehicle for the money (as pertains to performance).

Engine/drivetrain.

Better interior. Creature comforts.

Loads of fun
By Chris

2003 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The car has been everything that I wanted. Good performance, nice looking, build quality is outstanding. No fold down rear seat, no remote trunk release. Short throw shifter is awesome.

Turbo. Vroooooooom.

Most issues I have were fixed in later Imprezas.