2003 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Race Car meets Soccer Mom Car
By FutureBecwar on 08/07/07 21:08 PM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My husband and I had a 2005 Ford Focus Wagon. We decided to purchase a new car when we found out the Focus did so poorly on impact ratings. We ended up choosing this Subaru for many reasons. First, our mechanic (good friend of ours) said they were very reliable, secondly, they were super safe, and thirdly, because it fit what we were looking for. I asked for 4 doors, child-friendly, safe, and AWD or 4WD. My husband asked for a race car. You can't find a better comprimise car than this!

My Favorite Girlfriend
By Matt on 03/06/07 09:19 AM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Trixie has gotten me through 2 bad breakups and many famous NY winters, and I'm still in love. I picked her up on 11/18/78 (happy birthday to me) and have never regretted it. The fuel economy is great, 29hwy with a K&N filter. The turbo lag is perfect for tame suburban driving, then you can let the ponies run on the country roads. Like all, I wish it was a little more posh, but it is what is, a Rally Car's little Bro. Speaking of rallying, the car handles wonderfully on dirt and washboard roads. All in all, a wonderful car and a terrific buy for under $25K. 0-60 in sub 6, and almost 30mpg hwy. What else do you want?!

WRX
By Vince on 01/19/07 12:06 PM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have owned many sports cars but this is the best car I have ever owned. You get much more vehicle for the money (as pertains to performance).

love my Subie
By subbiefan on 07/27/06 16:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love the way this car handles. All for under $20K. I liked the way my boyfriend's WRX drives so much I got the RS so we could have one of each.

Loads of fun
By Chris on 07/26/06 13:48 PM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The car has been everything that I wanted. Good performance, nice looking, build quality is outstanding. No fold down rear seat, no remote trunk release. Short throw shifter is awesome.

A Blast to drive
By JoeB on 09/27/05 23:45 PM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

In a little over 2 years I've put 45,500 trouble free miles on my WRX. I average about 25 MPG in 60/40 hwy/city driving and with a little effort, I can get 27 MPG. Not bad. My WRX has been on several 2000+ mile trips and was very comfortable. The interior could be a bit nicer, the transmission a little smoother and the exterior takes a little getting used to (I love it though!). The car is so much fun to drive, I can't wait to get into it each day. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to part with it I enjoy it so much. The AWD inspires great confidence in the snowy Midwest winters and other slick conditions.

BEST OF THE BEST
By H WILSON on 06/29/05 16:04 PM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I didn't want to buy this car, it was my husband's idea. But now. . . I LOVE THIS CAR! My husband is a new car addict so I can honestly say that I've owned or at least driven most cars all years and models, but no other car seems to compare. The speed, handling, fuel economy, snow driving, look, comfort. I just cant compare it to any other vehicle out there. This car is my number one!

My First Subaru
By WangDAT on 04/21/05 01:14 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

First thing I noticed when I drove this car home from a SoCal dealership was how quiet the engine was compared to all the Honda Civics I've owned. It's suprisingly fuel efficient if you stay off the boost, I netted 450 miles on a tank on that trip back home, where I average approximately 70 mph. Gas is now $2.90 for premium in my area, so this was a really pleasant suprise. The motor is pretty laggy though, but once you're in boost, it's heaven. The handling is awesome and still offers a pretty good ride. I feel this car has the perfect mix of power, handling, braking, and fuel economy... at any price. My co-worker owns a 2001 Audi S4 and this car feels like a 9/10 version of it.

Hit and Miss
By Diesel513 on 01/06/05 16:22 PM (PST)

2003 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It's a nice car. Stock out of the box it has more perfomance than most. AWD is a definite plus especially if you have changing seasons. From what I have learned from my friends' older Imprezas, most of them aren't holding up for much longer than 80k miles. But some of my friends don't take care of their cars like they should. The car is shorter than most sedans, but that's what gives it the mobility that it has. I feel bad for the people in the back seat; there isn't a lot of room, but I never have to be back there! A few weird things: Gears are straight cut (shifting isn't as smooth as most); I get a weird hum at 60MPH (Subaru doesn't know what it is); and coolant -- you go through it like crazy, due to turbos.

Proud To Be A WRXer
By Jonny Gray on 09/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

My boys talked me into this car. I changed jobs and actually had a company BMW 741 IL - a fast but heavy lux car. When I had a very limited budget and a lot of weather to content with, I needed a high performance AWD car. Man has it been great! The car performs like a race car - very quick once the the turbo kicks @ 3000rpm, the tires are sticky around any curves, and the brakes put you in FULL control... I love this car so much, I will be moving up to the STi (as soon as my wife let's me...) If you have a chance, buy this car. You will not regret it - unless you try to fit 3 boys, wife and dog in it. Won't work! Enjoy