Used 2003 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Most Helpful|
i love my RS
By kilgore trout

2003 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

its no sti, but for 20grand, i cant think of a better car, flat out accelaration isnt its strongest suit (though ive waisted a jetta 1.8t off the line) but but its great for tossing around the twisties, the steering is respincive and the shifter feels accurate, though a little gates. the suspension is tight without being punishing

Favorite Features

great suspension, high quality interior, supportive front seats, and damnit i like its bug-eyes

Suggested Improvements

a little more power would be nice, too much road noise @ highway speeds

love my Subie
By subbiefan

2003 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love the way this car handles. All for under $20K. I liked the way my boyfriend's WRX drives so much I got the RS so we could have one of each.

Favorite Features

Grippy handling, price, solidly built/ride, love the way the back lights look, and doesn't slip when driving in rain.

Suggested Improvements

More HP! the AWD takes away from overall HP.

fun 2 drive
By Avalita

2003 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first new car and I love it! I have had three cars before this one and none comes close to this. Every where I go I get comments on how nice my car is. Not to mention it is quick off the line and really fun to drive. I love the look on peoples faces when they see me fly past! My only complaint is that the back seet is too small.

Favorite Features

front seat is verry comfortable, sporty looks, fun to drive, fast, and great on turns really hugs the road

Suggested Improvements

more back seat room, better gas mileage

No Turbo Neeeded
By mainj

2003 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is a fun car. The engine seems more responsive and quicker than my V6 mustang. I would only buy the manual trans though. I really thought I might be missing out if I didn't get the WRX but I don't think so. I saved myself about 6 grand and who knows how much in insurance! Also, I like the fact that you don't see these cars everywhere you go.

Favorite Features

AWD, seats, styling...(Hey, I like the headlights) Manual Trans, Nice chrome exhaust tip.

Suggested Improvements

The loud horn beeping every time you use the keyless entry is very annoying! Standard arm rest extension would be nice.

First Month with 2.5RS
By raceace

2003 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We took delivery from the wonderful Williams and it was snowing so we drove for a half hour loving every minute. The torque is great and the engine note is pure music. The interior is just right for two and stuff, which is how we go, usually. We plan to have this car a long time and care accordingly. It seems to be decent quality materials throughout.

Favorite Features

All wheel drive and the power to use it in a nimble capable economy car. The car has great front seats and driving position.

Suggested Improvements

In our 2.5RS the steering wheel is too big. Steering is a little numb on center. The rear seat should lay flat. Some think bug eyes are too cute.