2002 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: My Fiance Forbid Me To Sell Th

2002 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

TS Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

My Fiance Forbid Me To Sell This Car
By Russell Newquist on

2002 Subaru Impreza TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Seriously. When I was having money issues and seriously strapped for cash, she wouldn't let me sell it - because she knew how much I LOVE this car! I seriously don't think I ever will, even when I eventually replace it with another car. This little machine is destined for classic status, just like the '60s era Mustangs, Corvettes, and Camaros. There are definite issues with this car (like with any car). The paint is pretty thin and chips too easily, and the interior is nice, but definitely not luxury. Gas mileage is mediocre (although pretty good for a car with this kind of performance). But when you get right down to it, this car is simply a blast to drive.

Favorite Features

Power, handling, attitude - and all wheel drive. Plus, this car will take anything you throw at it and ask you for more. Rough roads, tight turns, bad weather? NO problem! It'll get you where you want to go, and it'll get you there fast.

Suggested Improvements

Thicker paint, folding back seats. Clutch is a little odd to get used to. Other than that, why fix what ain't broke?