2002 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: Greatest car ever built

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Review

Greatest car ever built
By solly on

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've owned over 25 cars, American muscle through Porsches to Ferraris. I am a car nut. I have used this '02 WRX daily since purchase, (that's about 7 years now), and will never give it up until it is just no longer feasible to repair. The WRX has been so reliable and trouble free that I am amazed it was only $22K back in '02. It is almost as quick as any non-turbo Porsche (I had the dealer upgrades installed, bigger turbo and cooler, exhaust and short shift kit all for $6K), seats 4, has a huge trunk with fold down arm rest for my skis. Holds the road amazingly well and acceleration is brutal. Seats are the best I ever had. Great road feel. Goes through snow like butter.

Fast, comfortable, trouble free, well engineered and built, bulletproof engine and tranny, better looking than the newer models. Absolutely the most car for the money on the planet. And I'm 51 and don't feel funny driving it. This really is far and away the best car I have ever owned.

Stop "improving" it with inferior and uglier new models. This is the best of the bunch.