2002 Subaru Impreza Consumer Review: Good car that won't last

2002 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Review

Good car that won't last
By greenmeansgo on

2002 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I owned my outback sport for almost 7 years. I bought it brand new. Initially, I though I couldn't get more car for the money. Power everything, cruise control and the AWD Subaru is famous for. All those things I loved and made the car fun to drive. What I didn't like was the engine noise I started hearing about 2 years into ownership. It wasn't strong our pronounced right off the bat, but grew that way over the years. I was under the assumption that changing my oil religiously would preserve my engine. Even that didn't keep it from the engine problems that are common for this model year. I'd be more specific, but I only have 500 characters. I will never buy another Subaru again.

Easy to install DIN stereo enclosure. AWD. Unique body styling. Responsive manual transmission.

Engine quality....which is key to my ownership experience. If I am maintaining my engine properly and it still develops problems of the magnitude that it had, it ruins the reputation of that car brand in my mind. No wonder CR black dotted the engine.