Awesome Little Wagon
By BostonLegal on
2002 Subaru Impreza TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
I purchased this car because I wanted AWD and a decent amount of carrying capacity while still being small enough to parallel park easily. The TS wagon fit the bill perfectly. As a CA native unaccustomed to the unique demands of winter driving in upstate NY, my Subaru has done a fantastic job of hugging the iciest roads. Curiously, my friends' SUVs often get irretrievably snowed into their parking spots, but my wagon can always get past the snowiest mounds. Reliability is excellent even on long roadtrips - I've driven her from NY to CA and back to MA. I have had no expenses beyond regular maintenance in my 7 years of ownership. After this car, I am absolutely sold on Subarus.
Favorite Features
Fantastic handling - especially in adverse weather. Great carrying capacity and seat adjustability for maximum carrying space. Attractive exterior design and extremely stain-resistant upholstery.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage is not wonderful (comes with the AWD though). Paint has begun chipping a bit after 7 years (5 in harsh northeast winters). Wish the hatchback opening was a little wider to allow larger objects.