Used 2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

Best
By steel143

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

What i like best is the performance

The horse power

There is no improvements needed

After 30,000 Miles...
By keithlb1

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I still love driving this car, and I can't wait to drive it to work. I did install aftermarket speakers and XM radio. The car still needs a nice tint of the windows, and I bought some nice Michelins to replace the stock Potenzas. Reliability is fine. I have only had to replace a set of brake shoes. Car handles very well, but does need a little tweaking in extreme cornering. But what car that costs under 25000 dollars corners like a Subie WRX? Not many! All is well with the sport wagon WRX I even like the first design better than the new design, seems to have more personality than the refinesd version out now.

AWD, turbo charged bliss, nice Momo steering wheel, nice sporty seats, scoop on top like a retro funny car, I know many people rather have the air forced in from the bottom like the EVO, but I like the functional scoop at the top, personality of the car shines through.

Low end acceleration before 3000 rpms Less understeer on hard corners, higher quality fog lights and headlamps.

my 02 ob sport
By fbf523

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

love the car but dissapointed that i needed a new rear wheel bearing after 66,000 miles

less road noise

I love my WRX.
By mjzaun

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is a fun car to drive. It is fast and has great handling. The gas mileage is poor, but I can deal with it. With the wagon, you not only get speed, but you also get a ton of storage space. I love this car so much, but be warned. My husband recently found out that there is a glitch in the transmission in the 2002 models that makes it go bad around 50K miles. I think the info is in Consumer Reports. Sorry for the bad news, but otherwise, for now my car is great.

Lots of space and speed to boot. I do love my car.

Make the added options a little cheaper. Maybe make a lighter interior color. The best thing would be to give owners of the 2002 WRX models a discount when we need to get our transmissions replaced.

The car I wanted
By tuckerdog1

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Used'02 OBS.Car is solid.Hit a bump & no rattles.Smooth ride, agile steering.Gas milage low for car this size, but has large engine for car this size. Like that it takes regular gas.Removed rarley used roofrack cross bars & milage went from just under 26/gal to just over 27/gal.Had 5 weeks ( 2000 mi )and am very very happy with this car.

1st owner had upgraded speakers & subwoofer put in. Sound is excellent! I think better than my wife's Mazda Millenia. Also had armrest extender added. A must. Get it.

Nasty reflection on the windshield of the hump of the dash that surrounds the insterments. Fix that please.

• SUV