Used 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

my wrx
By robbie wood

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car makes me want to drive. I have owned several sports cars in the past, but this wagon has the best overall feel.

Can't pick, I like them all.

No need, Subaru is ahead of the game. They did almost everything that I would suggest with the new STI.

What a pleasant 1st month,,,
By Wastate driver

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had two other turbo 4cyl cars over the years and this one appealed to me. The looks are kinda cool and performance is stellar for a car of it's size. I ended up with the stereo upgrade by accident and do not regret it, although it is slow to switch between discs it has very good quality sound. It is a little tight getting into for a 6'2", 245 pound guy, but seating position and interior room are fine. I felt that the smallish front doors were a little price to pay for the total package. The wagon is about 100 dollars a year more to insure than a Ford Focus, not bad for 100 more horses and lots more car overall.

Pleasant exhaust note, nice seats and room to drop my gear in the back without having to dig heavy boxes or bags out of a trunk. Plenty of zip without attracting the attention of traffic cops or teenagers.

Bigger front doors and more factory insturmentation. This car really needs a boost and oil pressure gauge. ANY dealer installed equipment was at rip- off prices locally.

WRX Rules
By bakaivar

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Excellent performance while going through the bends on the mountain roads near Yosemite. Can't really enjoy the performance on regular roads - too much slow moving traffic! Cool to turn 90 degree corners while driving at 45mph :)

My favorite time is when the revs are between 3000 and 6500. Front seats hold you well. Handling on any/every bend.

Low rev torque (supermarket trolleys can outrun me from the lights if I don't keep the revs up). Need blister front guards on the wagon. Smoother suspension on freeways (but not at the cost of handling bends).

The Best in Snow
By Dragan

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I recently purchased this car and had an opportunity to drive it in fresh snow the same day. I could not beleive how easy and at the same time fun was to drive this incredible machine. It is so nice to push it in the controlled slide, press the accelerator and enjoy... the most fun to drive car I ever had.

All wheel drive system, great engine, superb handling

Sequential shift, better headlights (xenon)

Man and Machine as One
By SeaDog

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is a fun car to drive because I feel connected. The car is almost as responsive as my own reflexes so it complies with your inputs very well. The passing power on the highway is wonderful, great speed once your moving, but I hate to flog the little engine hard enough from a red light to really see the quick acceration. I prefer to push it harder once under way. Extremely comfortable up front and the kids are fine with the back seat. The dark fabric shows lint and dust dirt more easily than other interiors I've had.

The turbo boost is intoxicating and I'll often blip up to 95 mph just because I can.

Maybe eliminate need for premium, but otherwise just a great car as-is.