2002 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Best
By steel143 on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

What i like best is the performance

my review
By subydude on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

a great car to drive being a 17 year old guy. it has a lot of power after a few mods

After 30,000 Miles...
By keithlb1 on 03/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I still love driving this car, and I can't wait to drive it to work. I did install aftermarket speakers and XM radio. The car still needs a nice tint of the windows, and I bought some nice Michelins to replace the stock Potenzas. Reliability is fine. I have only had to replace a set of brake shoes. Car handles very well, but does need a little tweaking in extreme cornering. But what car that costs under 25000 dollars corners like a Subie WRX? Not many! All is well with the sport wagon WRX I even like the first design better than the new design, seems to have more personality than the refinesd version out now.

my 02 ob sport
By fbf523 on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

love the car but dissapointed that i needed a new rear wheel bearing after 66,000 miles

Drive something else
By Gen0 on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Have had problems with the brakes, fuel line, the clutch problem everyone reported, interior buzzing noises make me crazy, windows seem like they are going to fall out when cold, driver floormat binds behind pedals, heater is poor, cd player defective and had to be replaced. And that is within only 13000 miles! Performance is good only when turbo kicks in, otherwise its just a 4 banger.

Great Performance Car
By Jackal on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is a great car. Handles great even at its absolute limit. Quality is second to none and the fit and finish are excellent. This car is a performance oriented car that is made to handle brilliantly and be a fun car to drive. It is not a luxury car and if that is what you are looking for pass the WRX buy, but is you know what you are getting into this is a great package.

I love my WRX.
By mjzaun on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is a fun car to drive. It is fast and has great handling. The gas mileage is poor, but I can deal with it. With the wagon, you not only get speed, but you also get a ton of storage space. I love this car so much, but be warned. My husband recently found out that there is a glitch in the transmission in the 2002 models that makes it go bad around 50K miles. I think the info is in Consumer Reports. Sorry for the bad news, but otherwise, for now my car is great.

excellent car
By wrxpwr on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I ordered my WRX after driving the dealerships demo car, I wasn't even the market for a new vehicle. I love it!

2002 Subaru WRX Sedan
By tubbytreats on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I purchased a used 2002 Subaru WRX Sedan with 4,850 miles on it in March of 2003. The vehicle was sold by a private party to me, and was in excellent condition. Since then, I have put on about 22,000 miles (10 months) and have LOVED every single minute of ownership. Nothing has broken, nothing has caused me any worry or concern. This vehicle runs like a champ! I'm most impressed with the plethora of online forums and communities based around this vehicle. You can learn ANYTHING you want about these cars, from changing oil, to adding new turbos and exhaust!

227hp rocket
By JTmoney on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've had a lot of fun with this car. performance is excellent. Looks are good. Only complaint is how easy it chips and dents.