2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Its not just a sports sedan, its a WRX
By GMac on 04/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Being a teenager, I was immediately attracted to this vehicle when I heard about it early 2002. My Mom was seriously considering the most popular car in Vermont, the Subaru Outback wagon. When I heard about the WRX I hounded my parents about it every time a we discussed new cars. After about a year of looking, we found a used 2002 Subaru WRX sedan, black, that my Mom loved. We got it in late March and have been loving it ever since. The WRX's cornering, acceleration, ride, and responsiveness are unparalled by any car in its price range or even those more expensive for that matter.

Real world performance
By silky on 03/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is not the fastest car I've owned, but it certainly does most things well. Build quality is excellent, my only problem in 10,000 miles was a cracked windshield. Gas mileage is ok at an average of 24mpg mixed city/highway. The ride is firm but supple and this car swallows up potholes and ridges with aplomb, unlike most sports cars I've owned. Grip is limited with stock tires but still outcorners most other cars, in the wet, it's superb!

my wrx
By robbie wood on 03/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car makes me want to drive. I have owned several sports cars in the past, but this wagon has the best overall feel.

What a pleasant 1st month,,,
By Wastate driver on 03/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had two other turbo 4cyl cars over the years and this one appealed to me. The looks are kinda cool and performance is stellar for a car of it's size. I ended up with the stereo upgrade by accident and do not regret it, although it is slow to switch between discs it has very good quality sound. It is a little tight getting into for a 6'2", 245 pound guy, but seating position and interior room are fine. I felt that the smallish front doors were a little price to pay for the total package. The wagon is about 100 dollars a year more to insure than a Ford Focus, not bad for 100 more horses and lots more car overall.

WRX Rules
By bakaivar on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Excellent performance while going through the bends on the mountain roads near Yosemite. Can't really enjoy the performance on regular roads - too much slow moving traffic! Cool to turn 90 degree corners while driving at 45mph :)

This 2002 Subaru was a LEMON
By Golem on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Problems from the start. Poor paint quality (orange peel and easily scratches), inadequate electrical system which couldn't keep battery charged if a few electrical loads were on, consistently hesitated at 2,000 RPM. Dealership was fantastic but Subaru head office resisted doing anything. In the end, received a refund. Now driving a 2003 model which drives well but paint is still poor quality, Windshield wiper blades freeze, inadequate heating system, poor design of rear window washer spray head, steering wheel not aligned parallel when driving straight.

The Best in Snow
By Dragan on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I recently purchased this car and had an opportunity to drive it in fresh snow the same day. I could not beleive how easy and at the same time fun was to drive this incredible machine. It is so nice to push it in the controlled slide, press the accelerator and enjoy... the most fun to drive car I ever had.

Man and Machine as One
By SeaDog on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is a fun car to drive because I feel connected. The car is almost as responsive as my own reflexes so it complies with your inputs very well. The passing power on the highway is wonderful, great speed once your moving, but I hate to flog the little engine hard enough from a red light to really see the quick acceration. I prefer to push it harder once under way. Extremely comfortable up front and the kids are fine with the back seat. The dark fabric shows lint and dust dirt more easily than other interiors I've had.

Rally Inspired Sports Wagon
By MattS413 on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Unbelieveable mix of power and comfort. The ultimate sports car under $25,000 with 0-60 in just under 6 seconds. Fast, fun and with the wagon makes it very practical.

subaru's are bad cars!!!
By jeff n on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is a fun to drive car, but the quality of the car is lacking. I will never buy another subaru. I could get a better quality car from matchbox...