2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Great Fun But Needs Work
By drcaveman on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

To Keep it simple heres what I did to make the car as good as it should have been from the factory. 1. Get rid of the horrible Potenza's they ruin the cars potential 2. Get a K&N this simple change for $40.00 makes a tremendous difference. Eg. at 1800 RPM I make about 5 PSI in the turbo, by 2500 I have reached Peak Pressure. Some handling problems in my car stem from an under achieving rear Limited slip, it behaves as an open diff would especialy when stuck in the snow. Changing tires greatly improves the overall feel.

Buy a WRX - best fun ever
By aford on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Fanastic power and handling. Great reliability. Best legal fun available. If you want a sports car with the power, bulid quality and sheer fun you could buy an expensive german car but why bother the WRX matches the M3 in almost every factor for half the price.

WRX is ALL THAT & MORE!!!
By torresr on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

No out of the ordinary maintenance whatsoever. Great in winter and smooth in the summer. Great value and a looker as well.

Year of Fun
By CHurc on 04/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've had the car for a year now and love it. I have added a couple performance items and can stay with anything on the road. The car is very solid and extremely fun to drive.

2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Review
By wrxdriver2003 on 03/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is so fast and hadles just as good as any supercar out there especially in the rain. This car deserves all the great remarks and hype it gets. I have only had mine for two months and I love it.

WRX Crazy!
By ofixit on 03/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have just purchased my WRX, due to moving to CA and having my '00 Civic Si stolen. You barely hit the gas and you're gone, I was so used to whining up my civic to 7-8k rpm's to get good power. I am super satisfied with the car, I thought I would be a loyal Honda owner forever, but subaru has taken its place. Broke the car in for 1000 miles, then took it out on the racetrack for the weekend, love the way no power is wasted with the AWD.

1yr later and I'd buy it again
By Rocko on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Thought I'd throw in my 2cents after owning this car for a full year. Bought new in Feb 02 and is honestly some of the best money I've ever spent. Great acceleration, nice compromise of handling and comfort, and ohh, the Momo steering wheel. Seriously, this has to be one of the most meatiest factory steering wheels in any vehicle. I own a 5 speed and could live without the clutch shudder, which is my biggest gripe. But at the end of the day, if it were ever stolen or totalled, I would be rushing out to buy another.

Very fun...
By drelord on 03/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

you can have my wrx when you pry it from my cold dead hands... That's how I have felt since the day after the break in period. Oh, yea and the clutch went out at 8500 miles but the dealership warranteed it.

Not bad for the money
By rlim6 on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Very nice sport sedan for the money...best in practicality and performance...for the money. With 40,000 miles on the car now...only had problems with driver side power widow (fixed) under warranty. Car still feels new and solid. Paid list for the car...no regrets... I still love driving it and feel good after driving it.

I love my WRX
By wrxmom on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love my WRX! It's fun to drive, easy to handle, and very reliable. As a mom, I needed a 4-door, but I was not going to sell a Porsche for a Camry. The suspension is stiff, the turning is tight.