2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Rally Inspired Sports Wagon
By MattS413 on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Unbelieveable mix of power and comfort. The ultimate sports car under $25,000 with 0-60 in just under 6 seconds. Fast, fun and with the wagon makes it very practical.

subaru's are bad cars!!!
By jeff n on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is a fun to drive car, but the quality of the car is lacking. I will never buy another subaru. I could get a better quality car from matchbox...

Goes Fast, Grinds Faster
By Baoh on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car has great power, handling, and seats. It's great to drive, but 4th gear synchros went out at about 23,500 miles, were replaced under warranty, and now, 2000 miles later, the 1st and 4th gear synchros are both out and the car is in the shop right now under warranty. It makes no sense that the new ones wouldn't last as long as the original ones. They aren't replacing the tranny, just repairing.

Love my WRX!
By David1 on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Gas mileage is excellent given that it's a turbocharged 4 - ride quality is first rate - handles well when you push it, but is comfortable as a daily driver. And you just can't beat AWD in the rain/mud/snow!

Best Car for the Money - Hands down
By Matt Norman on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is an absolute blast to drive. I have owned mine for about seven months and I still have a smile everytime I step on the gas. I did a lot of research before I chose this car, and you can't beat the quality, features and performance of this car for the price. I was comparing this car to car's costing $5k - $10k more - still no contest. Drive one and see what I mean.

Real wagon review
By jase on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Reasearched for months,test drove 4x before buying.And am I pleased AWD,acceleration,cornering,and ride are fantastic for a wagon.Great seats,driver position.Good gas milage of 20 to high 20's depending on how driven.Excellent safety rating.Have been in 6 in. of snow and ice leaving all behind.Gear box notchy at first,but smoothes out nicely.Handles canyon twisties,elavation gains like sports cars.Ride is firm and steering is very responsive.Best car I have owned!Love my Subie!!!!

wow
By marknwgs on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is a rocket, a lot of fun to drive, very competant and safe feeling. Cornering is superb, lots of torque across a broad band, great brakes. The optional premium sound system is well worth the extra money. The seats are great, and both my 5'2" wife and my 6'3" self are plenty comfortable and can find a good seating position. The optional shifter ups the fun factor. No trips to the dealer, zero warranty issues. Our fear going into it was that the wagon would be too small to haul stuff with, but we have had no problems on trips to the store or longer trips with three adults. Between this car and my motorcycle, any other car I drive is boring.

Best Car Available Today
By GKnight 17 on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Quite possibly the best vehicle offered today! The WRX wagon gives you the best of both worlds- high-performance and utility. I can haul anything I want AND I find excuses to drive any- and everywhere. No longer have pizzas delivered cause it's an excuse to drive somewhere. The car has a real fun-to-drive vibe. All-wheel-drive and responsive steering inspire confidence to a much greater degree than any other sports car I have driven- and this is a wagon! The turbo comes on strong at 3000 rpm- pushing you back into your seat. It literally feels like a rollercoaster. And just as with rollercoasters, that sudden burst of speed is addictive.

WOW!!
By vursion7 on 11/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car does it all!! Used it to get to the trailhead of a fourteener and somehow it made it all the way up. At times there were some Wranglers struggling to make it. Once, at the top people were coming over to check out the car (sports car) that made it to the top. Truely unbelievable!

A dream car made real
By bigtrick on 09/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've had this car for about 8 months now. For 7 months, I drove this baby 660 miles almost every weekend between MN and IL. I can say that as competent as this car is as a performance beast, it is also a collected highway cruiser. My gripes would be wind noise (noticeable above 70mph) and long-term comfort of the seats (on a drive from Chicago to Denver and back, the padding on the seat is noticeably flat and uncontoured). Besides that, it's an awesome car. So fast it's silly, yet spacious and utilitarian. It hauls ass and hauls goods - I fit 3 people, a drum set, and a saxophone in there. In short, I love this car!