Used 2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Fun Drive - Great features
By Ratpolfe on 08/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I test drove and automatic first, No fun. Bought a manual, and had the time of my life. I did alot of research and poking around for these, and it only helped me buy this car faster than i normally would have.

Long on Performance, short on looks
By Gwennie on 08/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Amazing performance car. I have had a few problems with it listed below. Very difficult to shift into first gear-almost always, but especially in the cold. Almost impossible to shift into reverse. Eats oil like crazy (though not leaking) and the dealer does not want to admit that it is a problem. (1 quart every 1,000 miles)

The not- so-great car
By Lilmizme87 on 06/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used, maybe that was the first mistake. The second week I had it, something was wrong with the transimission. Two months later something was wrong with the engine. A month later, the same problem came back because the dealership didn't fix it the first time. Now, the transmission needs to be fix, again. I take very good care of this car, yet it falls apart easily. I don't race it (cause I'd lose) and I don't floor it every time I drive. It should not be falling apart so much. I would not recommend this car considering you'll be looking for alternative transportation since it'll be in the shop every other week.

Best car I've ever owned
By Stallion on 05/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

It's fun, it's fast, and it's cool. You will definately turn heads.

Great car
By C-Dog on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Just got it and love it. I ahve drove awd turbos in the past, but this car is so smooth compared to those(the other car was a eagle talon). Great ride!

Big bang for the buck!
By Waldo1974 on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Goes like a champ in the snow.Handles like a dream.Keep the revs up and the turbo rocks.Yes the front seats are a bit uncomfortable on long drives, but you'll love the way they hug you as you throw the car into a tight turn at 60mph.Yes the cup holder sucks.Yes paint quality is average at best.Yes, the clutch does shutter when cold for a bit.And yes it would be nice to have split rear seats (but that makes the care less stiff).If you buy this car thinking it is a luxury automobile, it's not.If you want cushy seats, nice cup holders, and a smoother ride get a Caddy and enjoy your early bird special at Denny's with the rest of your demographic.

my review
By subydude on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

a great car to drive being a 17 year old guy. it has a lot of power after a few mods

Drive something else
By Gen0 on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Have had problems with the brakes, fuel line, the clutch problem everyone reported, interior buzzing noises make me crazy, windows seem like they are going to fall out when cold, driver floormat binds behind pedals, heater is poor, cd player defective and had to be replaced. And that is within only 13000 miles! Performance is good only when turbo kicks in, otherwise its just a 4 banger.

Great Performance Car
By Jackal on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is a great car. Handles great even at its absolute limit. Quality is second to none and the fit and finish are excellent. This car is a performance oriented car that is made to handle brilliantly and be a fun car to drive. It is not a luxury car and if that is what you are looking for pass the WRX buy, but is you know what you are getting into this is a great package.

excellent car
By wrxpwr on 02/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I ordered my WRX after driving the dealerships demo car, I wasn't even the market for a new vehicle. I love it!