2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Awesome car
By defduane on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

What more could you want in a car? It's so versatile! Lots of power, all wheel drive, space with the wagon, four doors, roof rack, good gas mileage, go anywhere, do anything, beat almost anybody on the road. Smooth pavement, rough pavement, rain, dirt, snow, mud, it doesn't matter. Such a fun car to drive.

Try NOT to buy one after you drive one!!
By Keith Coley on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is one of the fastest cars on the road and yet you get the room of a wagon and the comfort of all wheel drive. This was one of the worst winters in CT and I made it to work on time every day and got home safely. Now that the snow is gone, I can really put the turbo to work! It is sooo fast. I dare you to drive this car and NOT buy it.

Its not just a sports sedan, its a WRX
By GMac on 04/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Being a teenager, I was immediately attracted to this vehicle when I heard about it early 2002. My Mom was seriously considering the most popular car in Vermont, the Subaru Outback wagon. When I heard about the WRX I hounded my parents about it every time a we discussed new cars. After about a year of looking, we found a used 2002 Subaru WRX sedan, black, that my Mom loved. We got it in late March and have been loving it ever since. The WRX's cornering, acceleration, ride, and responsiveness are unparalled by any car in its price range or even those more expensive for that matter.

2002 Suabru WRX Wagon
By refuse2growup on 04/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is the most fun you can have with a station wagon, or sport wagon as Subaru calls it. Plenty of room for four adults with the wagon portion providing ample room for storage. The front seats offer excellent lateral support but can be a little firm for long drives. This is the first car that I have owned more than a year and I still love it as much as the day I bought it.

Real world performance
By silky on 03/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is not the fastest car I've owned, but it certainly does most things well. Build quality is excellent, my only problem in 10,000 miles was a cracked windshield. Gas mileage is ok at an average of 24mpg mixed city/highway. The ride is firm but supple and this car swallows up potholes and ridges with aplomb, unlike most sports cars I've owned. Grip is limited with stock tires but still outcorners most other cars, in the wet, it's superb!

my wrx
By robbie wood on 03/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car makes me want to drive. I have owned several sports cars in the past, but this wagon has the best overall feel.

What a pleasant 1st month,,,
By Wastate driver on 03/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had two other turbo 4cyl cars over the years and this one appealed to me. The looks are kinda cool and performance is stellar for a car of it's size. I ended up with the stereo upgrade by accident and do not regret it, although it is slow to switch between discs it has very good quality sound. It is a little tight getting into for a 6'2", 245 pound guy, but seating position and interior room are fine. I felt that the smallish front doors were a little price to pay for the total package. The wagon is about 100 dollars a year more to insure than a Ford Focus, not bad for 100 more horses and lots more car overall.

WRX Rules
By bakaivar on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Excellent performance while going through the bends on the mountain roads near Yosemite. Can't really enjoy the performance on regular roads - too much slow moving traffic! Cool to turn 90 degree corners while driving at 45mph :)

The Best in Snow
By Dragan on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I recently purchased this car and had an opportunity to drive it in fresh snow the same day. I could not beleive how easy and at the same time fun was to drive this incredible machine. It is so nice to push it in the controlled slide, press the accelerator and enjoy... the most fun to drive car I ever had.

Man and Machine as One
By SeaDog on 02/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is a fun car to drive because I feel connected. The car is almost as responsive as my own reflexes so it complies with your inputs very well. The passing power on the highway is wonderful, great speed once your moving, but I hate to flog the little engine hard enough from a red light to really see the quick acceration. I prefer to push it harder once under way. Extremely comfortable up front and the kids are fine with the back seat. The dark fabric shows lint and dust dirt more easily than other interiors I've had.