2002 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews 30

2002 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

2002 Subaru Impreza TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Excellent All-round vehicle
By hunter001 on 03/01/02 15:19 PM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Wonderful vehicle which drives like a Civic when needed and drives like a Ferocious Kamikaze when asked to. Split personality ! The Auto-WRX, whose VTD-AWD system is equipped with a torque-sensing Planetary gear and electro-mechanical Hydraulic clutches for rapidly transferring torque front/rear rear/front, and drives with 55% of the power to the rear-wheels in non-slip conditions, is a pure fun car. No other Subaru (Auto or manual) has this exclusive VTD-AWD system.

WRX
By BillR on 03/01/02 14:42 PM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The car is just plain ugly and looks like all the interior pieces are out of the bargain bin.

Bang for the Buck
By LUVKARS on 03/01/02 10:40 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After owning BMW 3 series sedans for awhile I expected the WRX wagon to be a downgrade. In the fun to drive and performace catagories it's been a big upgrade. I love driving this car and I can drive it in the snow. What a bargain.

One good car
By msb175 on 03/01/02 09:36 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've had this car for over a month now and it has already been better than I expected. AWD is great as well as handling and performance.

Best Sport Wagon on the Market
By mattzart on 03/01/02 02:28 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Okay, so I've only had it a week and I'm still in the honeymoon phase. But this a solid little car. It's versatile, good looking and fun to drive. Corners very well, like it's on rails. Engine has plenty of pep.

The most amazing thing on wheels.
By luxcar101 on 02/28/02 19:26 PM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I think that God is a rally fan, and if he is he drifts around cloud 9 in this AWD excitment I call my car. Mustangs, Camaro's, A4's, GTi's, etc., etc. all are scared of this car and rightfully so! The AWD system on this car has to be the most amazing part of this vehicle. The only thing I can say is that I feel VERY SAFE in this car. Overall, what this car lacks in refinement it makes up for in brut force and speed.

Fun 2nd Car
By kotpet on 02/28/02 17:10 PM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Fun 2nd car. Not for every day. There's a considerable turbo lag, but not an issue if you keep revs above 4000. Some understear. Side mirrors too small. Also, I recommend to change to better tires.

best car for price
By eraser1303 on 02/26/02 22:15 PM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

somewhat loud, but gives the sound that you are moving, amazingly smooth at high speeds, great four wheel drive for great turns, clutch a little hard to get used too, great stock turbo for maximum performance, not very much noticible turbolag

This car is AWESOME!
By gryphon on 02/19/02 04:27 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Hands down, awesome car, even with two small children, plenty of room (between a Civic and an Accord in terms of rear, more like an Accord in everything else). Swallows up the pavement. Definitely get rid of the RE92 (stock tires). Awesome handling, awesome acceleration, awesome price!

3rd Outback Sport
By Ron W on 02/18/02 14:07 PM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 3rd consecutive Outback Sport. The 2002 is so much improved over my 1997 and 1999 models. It's added more power, CD, map lights, fog lamps, better speaker sound, v/s intermittent wipers front & rear, daytime running lights, alloy wheels, cruise control, and many other small but significant improvements. The automatic transmission shifts very smoothly. Fun to drive car!