2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon 2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews 3

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon - Consumer Reviews

Outback Sport Wagon (2.5L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
Impressive Impreza
By bluedog63 on 06/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Handling is excellent. Great front legroom, poor rear seat legroom. Stylish. Fun to drive. Peppy engine.

Impreza Outback Sport
By Armand on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

A great alternative to the small SUV crowd. AWD and decent tires make it stick to the road under all weather conditions; this, along with the 165hp 2.5l engine (smoothest engine I've ever driven), make it great fun to drive! On a recent drive from WA to Denver, my OBS was the only car around able to maintain the speed limit over the high passes (11,000 feet) at night with it raining/snowing. Lots of interior cargo organization options. I got the OBS instead of TS or WRX wagons because I liked the 2-tone color scheme, and more standard cargo-related options.

Trust me!!
By THE TRUSTY ONE on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the most reliable veicle ever! its got every thing you need to drive fast and safetly (if your a good driver) it will be the drive of your life.

The beauty of AWD
By Hogan Jr. on 05/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Outback for over a year and love it. 30000 miles without a hitch. Good power, decent room, and AWD for security. A black and silver Outback sport looks so much better than any WRX I've seen. If you're considering the protege5, Matrix, or Jetta wagons, you better check out this car. It beats all those AND has the AWD as a bonus.

Kev's 2002 Outback Sport
By Superkev on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my 1998 Subaru Forester S for a new Outback Sport. I was impressed by the improvements made to the engine, particularly with regards to noise and smoothness. The car seems eager to go at any time, and responds happily to even a light touch on the accelerator. The steering is nicely weighted and communicates excellent road feel. The brakes are easy to modulate, allowing you to stop on a dime. I was slightly disappointed by the lack of interior storage spaces, especially compared to the Forester, which had plethora of pockets and compartments in which to store gas receipts, maps, CDs, magazines, etc. But this is a minor quibble. Good job Subaru!

Cool car
By BebeDeimos on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The car is excellent. Lots of room for a tall person and good design for off road without compromizing anything for on-road use. The car has plenty of acceleration, however the A/C tends to bog down the engine a bit. I have installed an aftermarket stereo with Infinity speakers, an Infinity subwoofer and a Blaupunkt amp. My advice is to skip the stereo upgrades and install an aftermarket yourself. The basic Clarion is not very good and even the upgraded speakers suck. The optional subwoofer is not very good, but it is small (which is why it is not very good).

Love my new Subaru
By Rodney on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had this vehicle for a month, but it is a blast to drive. It feels as if it is stuck to the road. I truly feel the performance of this all wheel drive vehicle. If this car is as reliable as my research has suggested, I will always be a Subaru owner.

If only....
By schmootz on 03/12/02 13:48 PM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

they had made it a bit more comfy. The interior looks and feels cheap. The cupholders stink! (one lets cups fly out around curves).

Scooby Dooby Doo Where are u...
By Bootsy on 03/11/02 13:05 PM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

2002 OBS: I have had my OBS for 3 weeks & I throughly enjoy the car. My only gripes is I wish the seats were firmer & more supportive. Also, the manual transmission is not as smooth as I would like & finding reverse is fuff sometimses.

Best Sport Wagon on the Market
By mattzart on 03/01/02 02:28 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Okay, so I've only had it a week and I'm still in the honeymoon phase. But this a solid little car. It's versatile, good looking and fun to drive. Corners very well, like it's on rails. Engine has plenty of pep.