Used 2002 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:

The Best in Snow
By Dragan

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I recently purchased this car and had an opportunity to drive it in fresh snow the same day. I could not beleive how easy and at the same time fun was to drive this incredible machine. It is so nice to push it in the controlled slide, press the accelerator and enjoy... the most fun to drive car I ever had.

All wheel drive system, great engine, superb handling

Sequential shift, better headlights (xenon)

Man and Machine as One
By SeaDog

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is a fun car to drive because I feel connected. The car is almost as responsive as my own reflexes so it complies with your inputs very well. The passing power on the highway is wonderful, great speed once your moving, but I hate to flog the little engine hard enough from a red light to really see the quick acceration. I prefer to push it harder once under way. Extremely comfortable up front and the kids are fine with the back seat. The dark fabric shows lint and dust dirt more easily than other interiors I've had.

The turbo boost is intoxicating and I'll often blip up to 95 mph just because I can.

Maybe eliminate need for premium, but otherwise just a great car as-is.

Not bad for the money
By rlim6

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Very nice sport sedan for the money...best in practicality and performance...for the money. With 40,000 miles on the car now...only had problems with driver side power widow (fixed) under warranty. Car still feels new and solid. Paid list for the car...no regrets... I still love driving it and feel good after driving it.

Turbo engine, AWD, Seats, in-dash 6 cd changer

brakes (soft pedal and average stopping distance), suspension (jittery of rough surface, slightly too much roll and understeer), low end torque, rims and tires (ugly rims and sub-par tires).

Rally Inspired Sports Wagon
By MattS413

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Unbelieveable mix of power and comfort. The ultimate sports car under $25,000 with 0-60 in just under 6 seconds. Fast, fun and with the wagon makes it very practical.

227 hp turbo motor with lots of room for upgrades.

The WRX could use a bit more rear leg room, but still big enough for four large adults.

I love my WRX
By wrxmom

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love my WRX! It's fun to drive, easy to handle, and very reliable. As a mom, I needed a 4-door, but I was not going to sell a Porsche for a Camry. The suspension is stiff, the turning is tight.

My favorite feature is its safety features and safety record. It's great to know that in the event of an accident, they have side impact airbags as well as driver and passenger.

It still feels like an econo-box type car, but what do you expect with 227 hp for that price?!

• SUV