2002 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
WOW!!!
By andy_17 on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Great car. Good for everyday driving as well as having a lot of fun on the weekends. The turbo charged engine gets you to were you want to be quickly yet doesn't eat up the gas. Overall, a great purchase for the price

my review
By John Hewitt on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The WRX is a blast to drive. Nothing near it for the $$$. The guys at mcree subaru were very nice and helpful. no games.

good value vs. Audi/BMW/Lexus
By wrx_tester on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Fun car to drive. Noise level on highway as low as Audi/Acura/VW for $5k less. Driver seat comfortable on 40 minute test drive with HUGE side bolsters. Absorbs road shocks well for this class. Short throw shifter is a bit notchy and shift from 1st to 2nd takes some muscle.

Subaru WRX review
By EricD1983 on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have recently purchased the new WRX and have loved it since I drove it off the lot. This car will satisfy anyones needs because its both fast and reliable

great car
By kinjox on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

wanted one when i heard they were coming out, glad that i bought it and will enjoy it.

THE BEST CAR
By jason john on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I LOVE THIS CAR! IT RULES! FROM THE FIRST TIME I SAW ONE TO NOW WHENI HAVE ONE! THINS CAR ROCKS!

Okay car
By koalapeck2 on 03/17/02 15:15 PM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The drive is great. But the fun stops there. This car is good at one thing only: Rally driving. Couldn't really feel the turbo.

Really Fun Car!
By sunny on 03/17/02 14:29 PM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This car is really fun to drive.

fun fun fun fun fun
By davieboynj on 03/16/02 14:47 PM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Granted my last car was a dog, but I'm extremely happy with my rex so far. Contrary to popular opinion, I find the low RPM power to be quite acceptable (it supposedly is about 80% peak torque at 2000 RPM). I read one review here that said that the rex has understeer problems. THere is no wy the reviewer has actually driven this car! If anything, this car has oversteer. If I want it to, I can get the tihng to pivot! True, the looks are contriversial, but they've grown on me and now i really like it. Go ahead and call her an ugly girl, but she's got personality...

Great Car
By celcam on 03/12/02 20:42 PM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The RS is a great car. You can't beat the 4WD, which was a great comfort on the winter roads. The car has great torque, low and high end, and is a riot o drive. It hugs the road and is fantastic.