2002 Subaru Impreza - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impreza model:
The style/under-steering is a Boo
By Arrowhead on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I know under-steering is a common AWD problem. But not THIS much!!! At 5,500 rpm and 35mph, it can't corner like any others even with BS S-03. You'd beat a RSX type-R or Celica on open road, but you'd never pass any in a race at cornering. This IS a Rally car, and sucks on the road. I turned it into a show car and loan it to people at autoshows. Finally, here is a catch. CHICKS HATE THIS CAR in both my personal experience and consumer research. I spent over $8,000 on make-overs included JDM HID headlights, carbon-fiber hood, and Zero- Sports bodykit/Wing, and women still don't buy it. So if you would like to pick up some hot chicks at night clubs. Give this one up!

Love my new Subaru
By Rodney on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport AWD 4dr Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had this vehicle for a month, but it is a blast to drive. It feels as if it is stuck to the road. I truly feel the performance of this all wheel drive vehicle. If this car is as reliable as my research has suggested, I will always be a Subaru owner.

The Best Car Ever Made!!!!
By Konrad Chmielewski on 04/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love this car. Never gonna trade it in this is mine to keep for ever. IF koalapeck2 cant feel the turbo then he is not driving WRX. :P

Impreza is awsome
By sullietal on 03/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza TS AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

2.5 TS waggon. 4 spd auto. I've owned Hondas and Mazdas. This is the most solid and well built hatchback I have owned. They call it a Sport Waggon. I feels very sporty in 'round town handling. It darts in and out of traffic far better than my accord or 323 ever did. Fun! Fun! Fun! And I don't feel guitly about it. It get good gas mileage and costs less than a similaly equiped Honda.

wrx owner's notes:
By p k on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

the best bang for the buck in terms of performance. get behind the wheel and you'll notice the impressive amount of head and leg room. flip the ignit and you hear the thundering roar of ease into an intimidating purr. rip into the accel and you get some serious kick. no car in it's class even comes close. i'd buy another one if i had a spare 25k.

awesome
By rup on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

so much fun

Brilliant
By Exhaleblue on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The Subaru WRX offers awesome acceleration and corners like it's on freaking rails. I'd purchase life insurance and make a will on the day you take delivery - this car inspires almost unrealistic confidence in my driving abilities - it's that solid. Be sure to order the short throw shifter and the upgrades to the speakers and amp.

WRX R us
By EKP on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Great Car!!!

amazing!
By Project Alien on 03/24/02 23:14 PM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX AWD 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

buy it now..it's too fun bye

Subaru Returns!
By Nebulous on 03/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Subaru has done it again, but with a regular car? This 4WD sedan does very well by my standards. It corners great and looks cool. Also throw in the 237 HP and you've got the greatest value around. NOTE: I do not work for subaru.